Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In need of a GM wiring expert (in or near Michigan) to wire my car

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 08:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In need of a GM wiring expert (in or near Michigan) to wire my car

I have a Lotus Elise that I swapped a 3.6L V6 Direct injection engine into. Yes, I know it is not a LSX but I tried fitting the LS4 and it would not work. The engine is actually out of a 2009 Traverse but uses the the newer Camaro intake (which is the only difference between the two other than exhaust which is changed anyway). Car is also turbocharged but that should not effect the wiring and I have someone to tune the stock computer.

Basically I need someone to wire the stock GM computer into the Lotus and make it run. I wasn't sure where to post this but I figured I might find a GM wiring expert. Should not be a whole lot more complicated than getting the engine to run on a stand.

The on the Lotus the stock engine ECU did not handle anything but the running of the engine. The only thing that the ECU handled on the chassis was the dash signals. I do have a couple people that have told me that they can make me a converter for the GM computer so that it will work for the stock Lotus dash, so I believe I have that covered.

My main concern is getting the car wired properly. I also want it to look nice/neat. Doesn't have to be fancy but I hope the car will someday be featured in a magazine spread and I don't want it to look like a jumbled mess or detract from the engine any more than stock would.

I have the stock ECU and I also have an engine harness but the engine harness is a little questionable. It was given to me by the person I bought the engine from but I know it is at least one year off (2008 or 2010?) I believe it is from a Traverse 3.6L but I am not sure if it was a direct injection vehicle. Obviously the wiring would not be the right length anyway. I am not sure if there is any type of built in immobilizer or anything on the GM that would cause problems or need to be wired in, cause problems with being able to start the car etc?

If anyone has the know how, I also need to figure out the drive by wire on the car. I have a GM pedal assembly and I may have to try to modify it to work in the Lotus, but it will certainly take modification to work in my car. I want to keep the stock pedal assembly look/location in the Lotus so I either need to try to adapt the stock pedal to the Lotus assembly or find someone that knows enough about it to make the Lotus (toyota) drive by wire pedal from my Lotus work for the GM drivetrain which may be next to impossible? I have no idea as it is beyond me but my car came drive by wire stock.

Suggestions or recommendations? I am supposed to get the car back next week and I need to find someone that can do the wiring so I can complet the project.
Thank you