Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Those of you with alt. relocation + FPR ... what rails are you using?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 10:06 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Those of you with alt. relocation + FPR ... what rails are you using?

I have some aftermarket fuel rails I bought off the Parts Classifieds, but I just realized the way they were done won't allow my TB cable bracket to bolt up...

I have my alternator relocated to the passenger side head for my turbo build. I also have an Aeromotive Boost Referenced FPR on the driver's side rail. I need a set of aftermarket fuel rails that clear my Modular Turbo alternator relocation bracket setup and allow me to run the BR FPR, AND of course the throttle body bracket installed WITH stock fuel lines.

The rails on there currently have the fuel feed going to the FPR on the driver's side front, then the return going from the passenger side front (which is where I ran into clearance issues with the alternator relocation bracket) with a crossover on the rear side.

This is real last minute (so advice is greatly appreciated), as I'm putting the "finishing touches" on my turbo build, only to realize I have no install my throttle body cable bracket with the way these rails were modified to clear the MT alternator bracket.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:23 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have speed inc fuel rails. When piecing it together with the fittings I went to a local speed shop to get the earl fuel fittings with the bends I needed. You might have to go a similar route. Have you asked modular turbo what they recommend?
Old 03-29-2012, 12:23 PM
10 Second Club

Nasty rails but my fpr is on the driver inner fender with the stock feed as the return and a -8 feed. I've found most people recommend the fpr be on the return after the rails. I think it keeps more constant pressure on them. Mine feeds in the pass. rear, crosses over in front, then goes out the driv. rear to the fpr
Old 03-29-2012, 01:36 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Orange99Z
I've found most people recommend the fpr be on the return after the rails. I think it keeps more constant pressure on them. Mine feeds in the pass. rear, crosses over in front, then goes out the driv. rear to the fpr
That makes sense - my rails came this way so I guess I didn't put much thought into the placement of the FPR. So it sounds like you don't even have the FPR located on the rails themselves?
Old 03-29-2012, 01:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The last one I did had it sitting on the firewall. It doesn't matter where it is as long as it's downstream of both rails.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

edelbrock rails on an ls6 intake, aeromotive 1000 regulator mounted on the strut tower.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:08 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by evo462
So it sounds like you don't even have the FPR located on the rails themselves?
Nope, I used -8 feed, went through the rails, -8 from the rails to the fpr mounted on the driver side strut tower, then -6 from the fpr to the factory feed line that I'm using as the return now.

Quick Reply: Those of you with alt. relocation + FPR ... what rails are you using?