LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Misfire perhaps?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 04:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Misfire perhaps?

I have a 94 lt1 formula. Ok I've had little to no issues with this car. Figures that as soon as my wifes car goes down. Mine has issues to follow. Ok I came off a little bit of a trip. When I got off the highway. It began to stumble then die. Found that issue to be my coil wire came off the coil. So all was well. Went home after doin a couple stops. Went home and put my TB bypass and 160 T stat back in. No issue. This morning I got up earlier than normal and when I started it. There was an obious misfire. Though at steady freeway speed, I couldn't notice it. This is very obvious at low to starting speed under 2500 RPM. Everything looked to in the correct places once I got to my destination. I checked to coil wire and there appeared to be a lil rust build up in the wire. Could it be that simple? This in an INT problem. Meaning at times I think it's cleared it self. Then it returns. I've replaced the wires and plugs in the last 2 years and their MSD wires. Any ideas? Times I wish is was an OBD II!! lol

Last edited by czechnuts; 04-30-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:41 PM
On The Tree

Oh I had cleaned the injectors in the last year. Fuel pump couple months before that with filter. I only use top tear gas. Also no check engine light. It almost reminds me of when the timing is retared. Could this be a sign of the opti? When it's cold. From time to time it'll backfire TB side. Any ideas?

Last edited by czechnuts; 04-30-2012 at 07:16 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:41 PM
On The Tree

Damn. I was thinkin I'd get some feed back. Oh well. Here's some weird **** though. Yesterday it ran perfect as normal. Any ideas? Cap and rotor crapin out perhaps?
Old 05-02-2012, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by czechnuts
I have a 94 lt1 formula. Ok I've had little to no issues with this car. Figures that as soon as my wifes car goes down. Mine has issues to follow. Ok I came off a little bit of a trip. When I got off the highway. It began to stumble then die. Found that issue to be my coil wire came off the coil. So all was well. Went home after doin a couple stops. Went home and put my TB bypass and 160 T stat back in. No issue. This morning I got up earlier than normal and when I started it. There was an obious misfire. Though at steady freeway speed, I couldn't notice it. This is very obvious at low to starting speed under 2500 RPM. Everything looked to in the correct places once I got to my destination. I checked to coil wire and there appeared to be a lil rust build up in the wire. Could it be that simple? This in an INT problem. Meaning at times I think it's cleared it self. Then it returns. I've replaced the wires and plugs in the last 2 years and their MSD wires. Any ideas? Times I wish is was an OBD II!! lol
It might be the opti spark, My 94 Camaro was misfiring untill I changed it. go with the stock one AC Delco, I when though 2 MSDs.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:25 PM
On The Tree

Did you possibly leak some coolant on the opti when you did the TB bypass?
Old 05-05-2012, 03:31 PM
TECH Regular

Could be all the raw fuel and improper spark may have fouled one or more of the plugs or the ICM is on it's way out.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:11 AM
On The Tree

I was thinkin coolant as well. What's crazy is that its been fine ever since. I know I need to rebuild it. But I want to on my terms. But I am lookin to upgrade the opti do to it being the original. I would just like to budget it in first. Lol

Quick Reply: Misfire perhaps?