Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Kaltech Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 04:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kaltech Tuning

Can anybody give me any info on why Kaltech has closed its doors. I know Brian is still tuning cars on the side, but I was curious about what happened with his shop.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

damn didnt know they closed....was thinking about going there
Old 05-11-2012, 02:57 AM
On The Tree

yeah i read that recently he closed on these forums. i want him to tune my car i just want to know what happened with his shop. apparently he is renting dyno and tuning cars for the day.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its called a bad economy.....
Old 05-11-2012, 09:59 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Economy sucks. I hear a long time CT tuner that does my Brother's Grand National is no longer doing it. Maybe doing other work but even he is having a hard time finding him. I may need some clean up work on my driveability and at this point I may make the trip up to Slowhawk, only guy I can trust. Too many local shops that have issues and personally dealings.

IF I had the $1,000+ dollars for EFI live and a new lap top I would do it but not in that sort of position.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:42 PM
Teching In

From what i hear he moved his shop to Baldwin he was located in a very bad location and only by word of mouth he was getting work. He sold his dyno and he still does tunes. Was paying too much I rent and too much to keep the dyno so wasent making too much I guess. Tuned my car right after he moved check his sight. I believe he is using one of his friends awd mustang dyno.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We need a dragstrip on Long Island again!
Motorsports is huge here with no local track.

Mike
Old 05-16-2012, 08:40 PM
On The Tree

Red face WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW....play,a

u know its tough out ther,, the prices are too high right now..
in portssssssssssssss are killing ''AMERICAAAA'' JOBSSSS, WAKE UP,,
AMERIACANSSSS.... U ARE LETING THEM WIPE OUT THE ''MIDILL CLASS..''
Attached Thumbnails Kaltech Tuning-bukbuk.jpg   Kaltech Tuning-he_may.jpg  
Old 05-21-2012, 12:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Bandit2000
Can anybody give me any info on why Kaltech has closed its doors. I know Brian is still tuning cars on the side, but I was curious about what happened with his shop.
How can there be a demand for tunes if Long Island has no drag strip? All the shops are closing their doors. Stupid politicians have no idea how much money automotive racing brings in. But hey, I'm sure they're still waiting for some dumbass foreigner to build that ski resort in Calverton....

Hell I had Lizard Racing in Wyandanch do my clutch back in 1995 and didn't they leave LI too after the Westhampton drag strip closed?

On a good note Brian did a great job on my tune back in November. It was tough to find someone local to tune LT1's but I'm glad he was still around at the time. Now I'm stuck by myself trying to learn speed density which so far has been comical at best.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brian is still very much in business, just lost the overhead.. Give him a call on his new line for the business.. See if he can take care of you guy's...

(631) 804-5482

Originally Posted by Rob94hawk
How can there be a demand for tunes if Long Island has no drag strip? All the shops are closing their doors. Stupid politicians have no idea how much money automotive racing brings in. But hey, I'm sure they're still waiting for some dumbass foreigner to build that ski resort in Calverton....

Hell I had Lizard Racing in Wyandanch do my clutch back in 1995 and didn't they leave LI too after the Westhampton drag strip closed?

On a good note Brian did a great job on my tune back in November. It was tough to find someone local to tune LT1's but I'm glad he was still around at the time. Now I'm stuck by myself trying to learn speed density which so far has been comical at best.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I emailed him a little while ago, and he said as soon as I get my bolt ons done itd be no problem to dyno tune my car... He just moved shop.

Quick Reply: Kaltech Tuning