Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

motor mount cradle hole to big

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default motor mount cradle hole to big

swapped out my stock motor mounts for some solid motor mounts. The motor is out of the car. I went to test fit the motor mounts in the front cradle just to make sure the bolt would fit through the hole. well the driver side mount bolt fit through the cradle hole nice and tightly as it should but when i went to test fit the passenger mount i noticed that the mount hole in the front cradle had been drilled out, maybe to 5/8"... big hole (i guess someone had previously drilled it out, don't know why). is this going to cause any issues? I mean i know i torque the mounts down per spec but it seems to me that the passenger side mount would still want to move since the hole in the cradle was much larger than the bolt.
I was thinking of just cutting some small peices of steel and putting them in the hole to keep the mount from moving around. I dont like doing that though seems hack to me. any one else got any other ideas?

just realized i posted this in the wrong section,,, I meant to post it in gen III external

Last edited by 3rdCoastPowerSports; 05-25-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

close enough i guess..lol.

take a picture of it. that sounds really bizarre.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wnts2Go10O
close enough i guess..lol.

take a picture of it. that sounds really bizarre.
crazy right... if i can ever get my phone to load the pic i will post it up. The hole looks factory it even has that slight countersunk cut to it just like the factor holes. But the factory holes are 12mm and this one hole is 5/8" or roughly 16mm. I have no idea why you would need to drill out a motor mount hole with stock mounts