Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car wont start up, pass lock???

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car wont start up, pass lock???

Hey guys I have a 2002 Camaro Z28, the problem I'm having is when I turn the key to the start position, nothing happens. If I hold the key in the start postion for about 15 mins, the car starts up. Today it wouldn't start period. I have heard about pass lock systems and BCM issues. If you have experienced this I would like to know some possible ways to fix it.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

check or try replacing your ignition relay firts...my car did that it would crank then nothing..15 min later it would start right up..sometimes not start at all and woukld have to do what yoiu did..dealer said it was a wire cut in my steering colum or pass key..well they "fixed" it and got new keys..very next day same thing..had it towed to dealer got mosy money back..replaced a $5 ignitin relay and problem solved
couple years late it did it again..replacwed relay but still did it..thjis time it was my starter relay..that was 3 years ago and no problems since
hope this helps
Old 06-11-2012, 07:26 PM
On The Tree

first off when you turn your key to the run position is your security indicator flashing? if so yes its a passlock issue and your wires on the lock cylinder broke. if the wires break after the vehicle is started it will continue to let the vehicle start and keep the security light up. if it breaks while rotating the cylinder before starting it will not let the vehicle start at all. 99% of the time this is what happens. a cheap way to fix this is to wire in some resistors that meet the value of the resistance of the key.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know mine has similar problems when one of my key's black chip came loose and it was a pain in the ***

Quick Reply: Car wont start up, pass lock???