Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel surge on Shifts

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 11:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel surge on Shifts

I have run into this problem on several cars in the past. Every time i increase the limiter more then a 4-500 rpm on a stock car with bolt on's or not (using LS1 Edit) the car barggles on the shift. On the F cars we did it on if we didnt power shift) (T-56) it would take the problem away. Now it is doing it on my truck 01 chevy. I have it shift at 6100 with a fairly stock motor. Right before the shifts it acks like it has a limiter right before the shift. I had Ken Kelly check out the program and he said all my hidden limiters are up and i shouldnt have a problem. Do you guys have any suggestions.
Old 04-01-2004, 04:39 AM
TECH Regular

couple of thoughts for you..

The stock heads/cam on the trucks don't flow well past 6K rpms. Even if you removed all the torque management stuff, the power is still falling off at those rpms.
Also, I have noticed that too much "shift firmness" programming can have adverse effects on shifts - seems like it "over-revs" the shift with too much in the positive pressure vs tps table...
Old 04-01-2004, 11:36 AM
Launching!

Great thanks i will try it out. It does have bigger valves, 1.85 rockers, etc. I just didnt get into it. I does rev a little higher then a stocker, but not much. That is the only reason i am tring to get a little more out of it.