Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car got tuned now its miss fireing

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 02:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Car got tuned now its miss fireing

I took my car to get it tuned, trailered it there. Then i got it back, on my way home the ses light came on. I called the tuner and told him the ses light was on. I said is it safe to drive home, he said yeah definitely its fine. So I get it home I took it to my work and hooked it up to a snap on scan tool. It's miss fireing on all cylinders and its ticking. I'm pretty upset about this. I paid 400 for a tune and its missing on all cylinders.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude, I'm sorry to hear this! Does your tuner offer any sort of "satisfaction guarantee" on his work? Was your car tuned on a dyno, with a laptop on the street, or with a regular programmer?

You may consider trailering your car back to the turner and begin by politely refusing to leave until he fixes your car so that it runs properly.

I truly wish you the best of luck, man!
Old 06-27-2012, 05:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I talked to the tuner and the company that built my shortblock, the tuner said its something with firing events he changed and its not actually miss fireing, he said it happens sometimes but its an easy fix. I trust my tuner because he seems like a really honest guy and iv seen his car driving on the street with a 260 cam. Allot of people have had success with him so I'm going to take it back friday. Oil pressure is good still and I torqued my rockers again and all is fine. I'm praying its just an exhaust leak and can be easly fixed.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's a P0300 and the people that built my shortblock said its very common with larger cam cars to get this. People who built my shortblock and tuner are two different companies by the way. I'm hopeing its just an exhaust leak though.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:39 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If the car still runs the same as you left it could simply be the misfire tales not set correctly. Easy fix. The tuner probly just missed it.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I spoke with him and he is going to fix it and make it right. Good guy to deal with and honest. It's not actually missing is what he told me and I don't feel any either. It's just a 2 hour drive for me is all (round trip), but **** happens so no biggie. Good thing I have nothing to do tomorrow lol
Old 07-04-2012, 02:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The tuner just needs to change the misfire threshold so that it won't throw codes.

Easy and quick fix for the tuner!