Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Police Officer in PA needed

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 06:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Police Officer in PA needed

HI,
I would like to have a police officers opinion on this. My Camaro has been driven about 1500 miles in the past 2 years. I actually just installed a new rear and engine work. The car has been down for months. Well the inspection was due in November of last year and I finally got the car running this past weekend and i got pulled over and recieved a ticket for expired inspection sticker. Well, I made an appointment and got the inspection completed no problem. Also i was looking at the ticket and he put down the make is a camero, not camaro. What are my chances for getting out of this?

Thanks,
Old 06-28-2012, 07:02 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I highly doubt camaro being spelled wrong will get you out of the ticket. PM popo8 on here, he lives in PA. I'm sure he wouldn't mind helping out.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lightbulb haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ha

u still got to payyyyy, most likey he wont be there,so thing of a nice,story????
Old 06-28-2012, 07:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Im not from PA or a LEO, but spelling of Camaro doesn't matter.

If there is a possibility , technically Camaro would be the model and not the make.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:55 PM
TECH Regular

spelling doesn't matter but take the paper work in for the inspection and they will likely dismiss it.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:16 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't think you're going to get out for a spelling mistake since he probably wrote up the license plate or vin/registration number.

Trying to fight it, the judge is probably going to ask why you were driving it when you hadn't needed to drive it in over a year, and of course, which came first, the ticket or the appointment to get it inspected.

How expensive of a ticket was it?
Old 06-28-2012, 08:33 PM
TECH Regular

Im a COP IN PA

Spelling Mistakes, color Mistakes, etc on Citations are NOT a reason for dismissal. The only way that it would be reason for dismissal would be that it "caused the defendant the inability to defend themselves."

IE: writing the wrong violation description (if I caught you speeding but put a vehicle code that does not exist)

HOWEVER.... if you were not rude, and you didnt **** off the Officer, take the car and prove that its now inspected (make sure there are no other violations though) and it will most likely be dismissed...
Old 06-28-2012, 08:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

To the op, in SA we have 10 days after a ticket to correct the problem as far as inspection or registration only pay a 20$ dismissed the ticket. Not sure how over there works But the back of the ticket should tell you.

Edit: listen to that guy ^he should know more than anyone and maybe he gave you the ticket

Last edited by Theblacknightls1; 06-28-2012 at 08:48 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:05 PM
11 Second Club

I wasnt rude at all. I said yes sir and. No sir to his questions. He was very rude though. I asked questions and he was very snippy with me. I dont know why though. I tried to explain that the car has bit been driven and i was going to get it inspected this week which i did. Why wouldnt he give me a warning and if i didnt get it fixed the proceed with the ticket. The ticket is 111the dollars.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:09 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 1slowbusa
.... Why wouldnt he give me a warning and if i didnt get it fixed the proceed with the ticket. The ticket is 111the dollars.
Because its his discretion what he does... and after all it is a violation.

Plead not guilty, and you will get your day in court.... you have nothing to lose, you already got the ticket.....
Old 06-28-2012, 09:10 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Theblacknightls1

Edit: listen to that guy ^he should know more than anyone and maybe he gave you the ticket
LOL...nah, wasnt me Brotha.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:16 PM
11 Second Club

Ok so getting out of the ticket is probably not going to happen.

Should i write a letter to the bourogh mentioning how rude and snippy the officer was. As a citizen of the bourogh i deserve to be treated with respect since my tax dollars is paying his salary. He shouldnt be treating any of the citizens of the borough the way he
treated me. Should recimmend that our tax dollars go to providing classes for the officers of the borough on how to treat people with respect. Should i have them read the letter in the records at the next borough meeting.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:26 PM
TECH Regular

Ok so getting out of the ticket is probably not going to happen.

Should i write a letter to the bourogh mentioning how rude and snippy the officer was. As a citizen of the bourogh i deserve to be treated with respect since my tax dollars is paying his salary. He shouldnt be treating any of the citizens of the borough the way he
treated me. Should recimmend that our tax dollars go to providing classes for the officers of the borough on how to treat people with respect. Should i have them read the letter in the records at the next borough meeting.
I dont know what to tell you... if you want to know if you are gonna get it of it, take a quarter and designate heads as GUILTY, and tails as NOT GUILTY, and FLIP it. You can complain all you want... unless it was excessive, its not going to make a difference, and "snippy" isnt gonna cut the mustard.. It will be your word against his word, and your the one who got the ticket.....Now, if you want to have your day in court, and look for a break from the Officer, comments, or mentality of " My tax dollars pay your salary..." isnt gonna get you there.

IN THE END, you were driving a vehicle that was not inspected on a public roadway. You rolled the dice, and you got caught. Its one thing to have been on your way to the inspection, but you werent.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I get a chuckle out of it when people say write a letter.

Maybe its because in my area I 'd get laughed at if I said , but does anyone read those letters?
Old 06-28-2012, 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got a ticket for no inspection once, got the car inspected, went to court, got it dismissed no problem.

But there's no way in hell they'll dismiss your ticket just for a spelling error. That would be absurd. Just imagine how it would go down in court... "Your honor, I ask that this citation be dismissed on the grounds that the officer used an E instead of an A when writing Camaro."
Old 06-28-2012, 10:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Latch

But there's no way in hell they'll dismiss your ticket just for a spelling error. That would be absurd. Just imagine how it would go down in court... "Your honor, I ask that this citation be dismissed on the grounds that the officer used an E instead of an A when writing Camaro."
you are 100% correct
Old 06-28-2012, 10:29 PM
11 Second Club

Ok thanks for everyones comments. Maybe i just needed to let off some steam and talking about it with my fellow members is the perfect way.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:41 PM
TECH Regular

Ok thanks for everyones comments. Maybe i just needed to let off some steam and talking about it with my fellow members is the perfect way.
BTW, if you decide to take a hearing.... get there early, find the Officer, and be SUPER polite and explain that you were sorry, and you have now gotten everything handled.

We love having our egos stroked...
Old 06-29-2012, 12:31 AM
Self-Admitted Scammer

Who cares. Are u really worried about 100 bucks? I've gotten over 10 inspection tickets and still have never gotten my car inspected even though I have a buddy 100 miles away that will slap stickers on it. I just don't give enough of a ****.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:29 AM
TECH Regular

So you are pissed that you got a ticket in your car that has a inspection sticker from 2011? Just go to court and show them you got it inspected and maybe they will dissmiss it!! No need to be angry at anyone.. Its your own fault you got the ticket!!