Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

01 firebird formula - adjusting shift points help

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 firebird formula - adjusting shift points help

I have only bolt on mods, cai, and exhaust only. I bought the u7198 and put on performance tune. I do not drag race in the car, but I do like to get on it at times. When it shifts from first to second it shifts later than I like. 36mph and at. 2500 rpms. I want to bring it down to 32mph and 2000rpms.how do I do this? Thanks
Old 07-02-2012, 10:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last I knew, unless you have a shop nearby that has the full CMR application to tune your car, the handheld functionality of the Predator was limited. You can adjust your shift timing for full throttle scenarios. But, I believe part throttle isn't possible. That you'll just have to control with your right foot.

If you actually look at the part throttle tables in the tune, there's a bit going on between throttle position percentage, MPH enablers for upshifting/downshifting, and MPH enablers for when the torque converter can lock up. To translate that to a handheld tuner menu for the general public to try an interpret isn't necessarily something one would call easy.

So, long story short, you'll need some software (like EFI Live, HPT, or whatever) to adjust those tables, some understanding of how they all interact, and then you can change that upshift from 36 to 32 mph.

Quick Reply: 01 firebird formula - adjusting shift points help