LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

blah, intermittent crank bs and opti problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 07:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blah, intermittent crank bs and opti problems

Okay been having trouble with the car for a while now, at first it wouldn't idle or rev then i got it to idle but still wouldn't rev, ripped it apart realized my optispark timing was off and that was throwing off timing. Went out and bought a new optispark from advance, i know its not the best but i need to get this car running like asap. Took it apart noticed the rotor was painted black it seemed. Tryed to search and see if thats normal i mean i know paint doesn't flow electiricty to well. Anyways put opti on car had to buy some new wires cause mine got wrecked, there stock 7mm which is not ideal for my setup but like i said i need to get this running to last the next couple months. Battery is low on juice hooked it up to wifes car via jumper cables. Let it sit and build up charge go for start and i get crank crank crank stop stop crank crank crank crank stop crank crank and battery slowly drains. There were a few instances where it cranked real nice crank crank crank crank crank but nothing no fire. Everything is not hooked up yet but i know i can start it for a coupole seconds just to see.

So big things are why the intermittent start, because low battery charge or a dieing battery? i mean it crank hard and normal then just stops then trys again. And with the black paint on the rotor is that normal should i still get voltage through it?