LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

so not sure if my car has gremlins if i'm paranoid or what

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 10:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default so not sure if my car has gremlins if i'm paranoid or what

a few weeks ago i put a differant exhaust on my car which was much quieter then what i had and now it seems its all going down hill fast...

first i noticed how noisy my valvetrain was and after inspecting and trying to adjust the teardown began....i ended up with a broken lifter and some of my rockers were moving around a lil to much and showing side to side wear
i ended up putting in ls7 lifters/scorpion 1.6 nsa rockers/ isky adj plates/ and tf pushrods.....i measured the prs and got the length right / got all the rockers centered and gave them 1/4 turn preload.....after install i had to repull the valve covers and do trimming in them and hopefully got them trimmed out enough may even have to get differant ones

then while i was in there i installed new gauges fp/oil temp/trans temp

seafoamed it and flushed the motor.....

after all said and done i started developing long starting issue....

ended up replacing filter / fp/ and fpr in part because there were only a few original parts left on the car so the fpr was one of those that got replaced

also replaced the map/ iat/ and low coolant sensor...all gm parts installed minus the pump which was a walbro...also went from 3911 autolites to 9324 at 35 gap

well i'm gonna have to wait to see if the fueling and starting is fixed although im still getting fp drop fast but may even be the gauge for all i know....b4 the fuel items it would start fine cold and idle at about 44psi...tap the gas would drop to 40ish and at wo would go to about 50...on hot start id get 0 psi and after cranking id get it to go up to 20 and then shed fire up...

i have a scan gauge in the car and its not throwing and codes other then the crank sensor because its not hooked up and i still need it tuned out...

2 things that concern me and again it could be the gauge im using but at idle its reading around 75kpa map pressure and my timing is bouncing between 25 and 32 or so
also outta no where my abs light has come on but that may be the ss spoiler brake light acting up that i just put in...

i know this is a long *** thread and most is probably irrelavant but is there something that may have gone wrong when i did the valvetrain that could be throwing everything off or possibly even the map that i put in....
Old 08-03-2012, 11:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problems with a delay cranking that turned out to be a faulty pump. Was a new pump but set up too long during my build I guess. It would prime to 43lbs but drop real quick and would crank for 5 secs or so before starting.. Good luck man..

Quick Reply: so not sure if my car has gremlins if i'm paranoid or what