General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

im having many issues in my 01 t/a

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default im having many issues in my 01 t/a

Ok first off my power steering pump is leakimg finally found out where from. second power steering fluid got everywhere i think it may have damaged my a/c compressor b/c yesterday it was only blowing hot air and making horrible noises from under the hood. but when i shut it off for a minute and turned it back it blew nice and cold for a minute then back to hot air. And my alternator in the heat of the day at an idle drops from charging at 14 to just above the yellow area. Finally the weirdest part when my alternator drops to just above yellow my a/c blows cold. I have no idea what is going on pls help
Old 08-04-2012, 09:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

power steering fluid on alts kills em..............did it get showered with PSF ?
Old 08-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by sjsingle1
power steering fluid on alts kills em..............did it get showered with PSF ?
I have yet to see rationale that supports this, although we like to have reasons why our parts go bad. IMO - If we get 100K out of an alternator, we are fortunate and its just probably time for a new one anyway.

Originally Posted by arrowheadfan287
Ok first off my power steering pump is leakimg finally found out where from. second power steering fluid got everywhere i think it may have damaged my a/c compressor b/c yesterday it was only blowing hot air and making horrible noises from under the hood. but when i shut it off for a minute and turned it back it blew nice and cold for a minute then back to hot air. And my alternator in the heat of the day at an idle drops from charging at 14 to just above the yellow area. Finally the weirdest part when my alternator drops to just above yellow my a/c blows cold. I have no idea what is going on pls help
Is this a show room condition car? How long have you had it? How many miles are on the car?

I'd start with the AC and get that fixed. You just might have the AC and Alt going bad at the same time. If the AC is stressing the car more than normal, that can cause your voltage or the engine to bog.