Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 12:49 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need help!!

Okay well my problem started when i got my cam installed. Before i got it installed on the highway at around 60-70 when i put it to the floor the car shifted itself down into 2nd, and just pulled its *** off.

Ever since the cam install it just will not do this. I know that putting a cam in will move the power band up a little but i didnt figure it had anything to do with this.

I can manually pull the tranny down into 2nd and it will haul, but i have to do it manually. I havent had the money to put in a new converter but i plan on it.... the stock converter is still being used so could this be some of the problem?

Also WOT from a stop it kind of hesitates and then kicks on into 1st and runs fine through all of the gears.

The cam i have is the G5X3 and LG installed and tuned the car. Lou told me to come back if the car still acted funny after i installed a converter.

I just wanted to see what you guy/gals think.

Thanks ahead of time!!
Old 04-05-2004, 03:36 PM
Launching!

come on now, someone has gotta know something about this.... hopefully!!

Also under normal city driving the car wants to shift up to fast... always is in too high of a gear.
Old 04-05-2004, 04:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by johnboy
come on now, someone has gotta know something about this.... hopefully!!

Also under normal city driving the car wants to shift up to fast... always is in too high of a gear.
Come on man you wory to much.Just drive the damn thing like you stole it.Stop being scared and put the converter in the thing ang lets the competition.
Old 04-05-2004, 10:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by C54U2NV
Come on man you wory to much.Just drive the damn thing like you stole it.Stop being scared and put the converter in the thing ang lets the competition.
real funny jackass!! Yeah hopefully before the summer's over i can some of the local "street racers" with ya
Old 04-08-2004, 06:37 PM
Launching!

i guess im on my own on this one!! Damn that sux. So no one has ever heard of someone having problems with there car not shifting down into passing (2nd) gear
Old 04-08-2004, 07:13 PM
Banned

Default hey

Hey john, I'll take a stab at it. I think your problem may be one of two things, the tps, or the 3-2 solenoid valve. I suspect the TPS seems you had it before the cam install ...however it's possiable it's the solenoid valve. Go have the tps checked and the grounds checked, then I'd go to a good tranny shop to have the valve looked at. I think you can have them both checked at a tranny shop... I hope this helps, and let us know what you find. Thanks for listening Dave
Old 04-08-2004, 09:54 PM
Launching!

what is tps?? Did a search but nothing really told me what it was.

Thanks for the help
Old 04-08-2004, 10:04 PM
10 Second Club

Throttle Position Sensor?
Old 04-08-2004, 10:07 PM
Launching!

thats what i was kinda thinking but my car shifts down into third... just not second