General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

LS1 Clutch is soft and falls to the floor

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 05:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 Clutch is soft and falls to the floor

Started happening about 2 days ago and noticed the Clutch line was touching the headers so my initial guess is the fluid boiled and created air in the system. I've read up on some bleeding procedures but my issue is I don't have a stock slave cylinder, it's a Wilwood with steel braided line. It is a swapped LS1 into a 240sx but the problem is I can't reach the bleeder valve, there is 0 clearance for my hand to fit around the Tran tunnel.

Is there an alternative way to bleeding without having to crack the valve. I have a mityvac but the issue is there is a tiny hole in the Wilwood slave cylinder making it hard for the mityvac to pump out any air. Any suggestions as to how I can go about this?
Old 09-11-2012, 07:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cut the hole out in your floor board just a 1" hold locate the bleeder then take a punch and punch a small dent in the floor pan so when you go inside the car you know where to drill your small access hold and this way you can bleed it by yourself no need for that second person to pump it lol
Old 09-11-2012, 08:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i didnt want to do the cutting so i dropped the trans and added a speed bleeder. so much easier.

Quick Reply: LS1 Clutch is soft and falls to the floor