Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1998 trans am 493 rwhp

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 08:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 trans am 493 rwhp

Year: 1998
Make: Pontiac
Model: Trans Am
Price: $8200
Mileage: 98000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): MI
Color: White
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

I have a 1998 Pontiac Trans Am for sale it is Arctic White with black Leather and T-Tops. I am the second owner and I have owned it for about 4 years. I bought it when it had 50,000 miles on it. The vehicle currently has 98,000 miles. It has a clear title. When I bought the car it had a magnaflow catback exgaust and SLP lid. Since then I have modified it, the list includes....

Engine
Magnaflow catback
SLP lid
SLP 160 degree thermostat
Electric cutout in the I-Pipe
BBK ceramic coated headers and y pipe
ls6 intake and bigger injectors 28 lb and fuel rail from a zo6 corvette
FTRA ram air kit
SLP underdrive pulley
P and P throttle body w/ smooth bellow
and finally a NOS wet nitrous kit

Transmission
Yank SS3600 stall
B and M aftermarket transmission cooler ( I forget what size I think its a 24,000)

Suspension
UMI panhard bar
UMI SFCs
UMI Strut tower brace
UMI lower control arms

Rims/Tires/Brakes
I have the stock rims the vehicle came with all wrapped in 1 year old tires they are 245's They have very good tread.
For brakes I have drilled and vented rotors on all four corners with Hawk brake pads ( these are very good) these were installed one year ago.

Appearance
35th anniversary ws6 trans am hood
CETA mod on the rear bumper

After I completed all these modifications I sent the vehicle to EVI in Davison MI. This shop specializes in LS based motors for a complete dyno tune.
The dyno tune produced on motor 353 rwhp and 411 torque and on the bottle it made 493 rwhp and 580 torque. This car is very fast and makes very good power. The modifications were done by professionals and not a 6 pack mechanic in the driveway.
The nitrous system is a wet kit, this kit has all the safety equipment to ensure nothing happens to the user or motor while using it. It has a fuel pressure safety switch, wide open throttle switch, window switch and I never sprayed it in between shifts. Blow down tube on the bottle, and a purge. This kit also has its own specific tune. I can get more in detail with the possible buyer.
The shop above also installed the torque converter and a new trans filter at the time of install.
This car is from 1998 and the paint is not perfect its an 8 out of 10, it has its slight knicks and rock chips from being driven.
There are zero rips or tears on the interior I would say it is a 9 out of 10 there are some imperfections from the previous owner.

Im sure I am leaving something out if you have any questions please call at 586 980 9653 or text. Or email me at stewaj11@ferris.edu I have pictures on my phone if you would like to see them I just do not have a camera to upload at this time.
Asking 8,200 obo with the ws6 hood. I still have the stock hood for a reduced price.
Attached Thumbnails 1998 trans am 493 rwhp-trans-am-1.jpg   1998 trans am 493 rwhp-trans-am-2.jpg   1998 trans am 493 rwhp-trans-am-3.jpg   1998 trans am 493 rwhp-trans-am-4.jpg   1998 trans am 493 rwhp-trans-am-5.jpg  

1998 trans am 493 rwhp-trans-am-6.jpg   1998 trans am 493 rwhp-trans-am-7.jpg   1998 trans am 493 rwhp-trans-am-8.jpg  
Old 09-10-2012, 01:55 PM
12 Second Club

Bump!!!!
Old 09-11-2012, 07:02 PM
12 Second Club

price is obo

Quick Reply: 1998 trans am 493 rwhp