What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

4x factory 2002 Z28 wheels + tires

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 07:36 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4x factory 2002 Z28 wheels + tires

I have the opportunity to purchase a set of 02 Z28 wheels (chrome) with the factory tires @ 100% tread. They look like Goodyear Eagle somethings (RSA), I cant tell from the photos and im going to look at them tomorrow.

Seller is asking $600 for the set. This seems pretty reasonable to me but I'm not terribly familiar with the stock wheel market. Any thoughts on whether this is a good price?
Old 09-13-2012, 01:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

First off the tires have no value since they are 10 years old and far too risky to drive on (unless just driving slow and going to the local car shows). They are probaby the Goodyear GSC which are what came with my T/A when new way back then. Fine tires at the time but no good anymore. Don't let the seller con you into saying the tires are fine. You would just be getting Check any site you desire and see that modern tires are not to be sold after a certain number of years. Most agree with 6 years. 10 years?? Forget about it.
Now to the rims. If perfect I think $500 would be quite fair. I would prefer $400 for 'not very desireable' 16" rims but how many perfect rims still exist? I'm guessing the owner took them off the car immediately along with the tires. Is that the case? If not, and the rims have some issues, the price should be lower.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off the tires have no value since they are 10 years old and far too risky to drive on (unless just driving slow and going to the local car shows).
Thats a good point, hadn't thought of that. Seems like a lot less of a good deal now.

I'm expecting the wheels to be completely mint. Seller says they were removed from the car @ 100 miles and never used again.

Thanks for the input.

Quick Reply: 4x factory 2002 Z28 wheels + tires