Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What do you guys think about this drop?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 06:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you guys think about this drop?

I just got a set of 275/17 for the front, and 315-35/17 for the back, I wanted to drop it a little, was thinking about buying some springs to lower it, my budget isn't enough for an entire suspension drop. I don't know much about dropping a car, I was wondering if anyone had lowered with just springs and what do they think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-5-DROP-SUS...orcev4exp=true
Old 09-14-2012, 01:54 PM
Staging Lane

You get what you pay for. I would suggest some bmr or strano springs. Both have great customer service. You can get their springs for a little more money but well worth it IMO. If you are that tight on money then you can do the "heater hose" mod in the rear and cut one coil off of each of the front coils.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by wender
I just got a set of 275/17 for the front, and 315-35/17 for the back, I wanted to drop it a little, was thinking about buying some springs to lower it, my budget isn't enough for an entire suspension drop. I don't know much about dropping a car, I was wondering if anyone had lowered with just springs and what do they think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-5-DROP-SUS...orcev4exp=true
Do a search, this has been covered countless times.
Those "DNA" springs have some pretty goofy rear rates (250lbs/in), thats A LOT especially for a street car (for comparison stock is 114lbs/in, and most other 1.2-1.5" lowering springs are around 150-200lbs/in max). Expect a real choppy ride in the back with those, especially with stock/shitty shocks.
If all you are going for is looks, and you don't care a bit about ride quality, handling or traction, then go for it, although you might as well save even more money and just cut the stock springs if thats the case.
Your 315s in the rear might also rub without you having an adjustable PHB.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:51 AM
Teching In

I searched a lot, and some of the threads are just too mechanical for me, i dont understand suspension all that much, that's why i opened my own thread with the exact springs i was thinking about buying.

I definitely don't wanna install some springs that will screw up my driving, and look like i cut my own springs, I was just looking for the most practicial way to to lower it an inch or so without a huge investment, if there's nothing out there then i'll just leave it how it is and save up for a better set up some day.

thanks for everyone's input.

Quick Reply: What do you guys think about this drop?