General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Leaking fluid near oil pan, please help

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 02:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaking fluid near oil pan, please help

OK,
Recently my clutch has been acting up, not wanting to go into gear, clutch pedal sticks to floor and have to pull it out and pump it to make it begin to work, and im loosing clutch fluid, so I do feel that im leaking clutch fluid, but I am un-sure the steps to take to fix, or if its even clutch fluid and I dont have myself another problem..

Here are a pictures of where its leaking from..

Would it just be a gasket, if so, what would it be called?

Thanks!
Old 09-20-2012, 04:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Definitely, 100%, a slave cylinder. Might be as simple as tightening down the bleeder screw(right above the hydraulic line from the clutch master cylinder, you can't see it from the bottom, fyi) its either a 10mm, 12mm or 7/16" to tighten it down, I don't recall off hand. Probably a 10 though. If its tight (using a 1/4 drive inch socket, don't torque the hell out of it) then that probably needs replaced. Should fix your clutch issues.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:19 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Fosnot
Definitely, 100%, a slave cylinder. Might be as simple as tightening down the bleeder screw(right above the hydraulic line from the clutch master cylinder, you can't see it from the bottom, fyi) its either a 10mm, 12mm or 7/16" to tighten it down, I don't recall off hand. Probably a 10 though. If its tight (using a 1/4 drive inch socket, don't torque the hell out of it) then that probably needs replaced. Should fix your clutch issues.
Hey thanks a bunch! I'll check the bleeder screw, and if that doesn't help me, ill be replacing the slave.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:46 PM
Staging Lane

Tomorrow im heading to the dealer to buy the new slave, does anyone else thing that this is 100% my issue?
Old 09-28-2012, 08:53 AM
Launching!

as stated above its either that screw or the slave.
if youve never tinkered with the screw (7/16 socket btw) than its probably the slave
sometimes its cheaper to buy one from autozone, or one offline than the dealer. they always charge out the *** for the same part.
let us know when you get it worked out!
Old 09-30-2012, 12:56 PM
Staging Lane

Well, first time ever messing with my car on my own, got the trans pulled, went to the dealer, picked up a slave for 220$, then went down the road to autozone and picked one up for 60$, needless to say, i used the one from autozone and the dealer one is going back. I put it on, bled it, put trans back in, and got it back up and running last night.. working perfect!
Thanks you guys for the help!

Quick Reply: Leaking fluid near oil pan, please help