Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Got my Bilsteins HD's installed.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 09:06 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Got my Bilsteins HD's installed.

The difference is amazing lol. My decarbons had 130k on them and honestly still rebounded pretty well when I took them off the car. But anyway I installed new shock mounts and isolators as I had to burn the old ones off as well as new moog control arm bushings, endlinks and sway bar bushings. Upon driving the car I immediately noticed the difference.

It is a little firmer ride when hitting bumps but overall the car feels much more composed and rebounds much quicker. When going over dips or bumps before I noticed clunking sounds in various areas of the car all of these have completely disappeared, the car feels like it got a new lease on life. My buddy has konis and stranos on his car and while it does handle a bit better the ride is also much harsher (probably the stranos) and I couldnt justify spending the 600 more unless I roadraced a lot. Overall I'm very happy with what the bilsteins give.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got the Strano/Bilstein combo on my car and don't think it really rides harsh. It doesn't soak up bumps like a Cadillac, but it's not teeth-shattering, either.

My stock deCarbons has about 86k on them when they came off and I can't say I'd even have wanted to put the damned things on a scooter. Utterly horrible. I think one of the first non-optional mods for these cars should be new shocks.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:29 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bilsteins are great for the street but suck at the track...

Quick Reply: Got my Bilsteins HD's installed.