New Club Chapter in North Texas

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Club Chapter in North Texas

Hey everyone, my name is Michael. I wanted to started a thread in the regional sub-forum to let everyone know about a new chapter of GM Tuners of Texas in the Ft Worth area.

Right now we have only GM 4-cylinder cars, but we are not necessarily keeping with the "tuner" mentality and wanting to get some of you big V8 guys on board. Im not sure how many of yall are club affiliated already, and I dont want to divide any clubs or try and steal people away. Just want to find all of the local GM enthusiasts who wouldnt mind coming out and BSing with fellow car enthusiasts and hanging out looking at the style of vehicles that we are all into. Basically we want to unite the 4-cylinder and V8 guys in the DFW area once again.

What I have in mind is getting rid of the lines that divide some of us, cause as we all know, there are guys with 4-bangers out there who think they can curb-stomp every car they come across whether its 4-cylinder or V12. I come from a V8 background and there are times when I miss it, so I would love to get to meet and hang out with guys that are still doing that and see whats going on with that scene and maybe let yall see that not all of us 4-banger guys are complete dicks.

A little background on myself, when I got into GM vehicles I had a 1974 Chevy C10 stepside pickup. I bought it with a spun bearing on the #1 cylinder and didnt realize it. While driving the truck one day it bucked hard and I heard a loud bang from it throwing the rod through the oil pan. After a couple of days of looking for ways to get the truck running again, I finally slapped in a 383 stroker I bought from a good friend of mine. I slapped on an Edelbrock Performer intake and 650cfm carb and was instantly hooked. I only sold that truck cause I was only getting about 6mpg. Since then I have had Camaro's, Firebird's, and now a Cobalt LS coupe with a supercharger swap on it.

Anyway, I'll be on here now as well if anyone has any questions or would like to talk and BS with me. The club website is www.gmttexas.com for anyone who might want to check us out.

Thanks guys, and happy motoring.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:26 PM
On The Tree

Wait for it...........
Old 09-24-2012, 04:31 PM

redws6, have we met before? There was another red TA guy I had met a few times who's car resembled yours. Any local club affiliations?
Old 09-24-2012, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redws618
Wait for it...........
Old 09-24-2012, 04:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

DejaVu all over again...
Old 09-24-2012, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Charlie Hustle
DejaVu all over again...
No, cause from what I've heard, I know who yall are talking about. Haha

I actually heard about LS1tech from a local club who had quite a bit of beef with this site and its members. I assure you, thats not us. While at one point, we did socialize with them, that changed very quickly and we have since cut all ties.

The BS and drama of bickering over whether or not a 4-cylinder will beat a V8 and vice versa is old. Most of the cars on this forum would walk all over mine, but I personally dont care. I'd rather see what people are doing to their rides and talking with people who just generally enjoy cars, than fight over who is faster.

Quick Reply: New Club Chapter in North Texas