General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

backfires and shuts down under acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 08:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation backfires and shuts down under acceleration

I have a 2000 camaro SS that has heads cam intake and exhaust on. After I replaced my clutch and flywheel and installed SLP headers and Y-pipe. After the install my gauges would reset under acceleration. Now after 6 months the gauges will reset and it will stumble backfire and shut the motor off under and kind of acceleration other than normal. It shows a code for mass air flow and both knock sensors. I had to wrap the y-pipe to keep it from bumping under the car and that helped for a while. Any suggestions would help!
Old 09-24-2012, 08:38 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Myls57
I have a 2000 camaro SS that has heads cam intake and exhaust on. After I replaced my clutch and flywheel and installed SLP headers and Y-pipe. After the install my gauges would reset under acceleration. Now after 6 months the gauges will reset and it will stumble backfire and shut the motor off under and kind of acceleration other than normal. It shows a code for mass air flow and both knock sensors. I had to wrap the y-pipe to keep it from bumping under the car and that helped for a while. Any suggestions would help!
I would start with checking the wiring harness for a pinched or burnt wire somewhere.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 02NITROUSLS1
I would start with checking the wiring harness for a pinched or burnt wire somewhere.
Yeah I thought that might be the case. Im going to try and get it on a lift thursday and pull the exhaust and rear trans mount to get to the harness at the back of the motor. Thanks for the input brother.

Quick Reply: backfires and shuts down under acceleration