General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

A/C problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 12:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A/C problems

Need some help tracking down the cause of an issue. (I've been scanning the other threads and none of them have helped)...

I noticed today the A/C wasn't blowing out the dash vents. Now granted this car sets unused a lot. It's 10 years old and has only 24K miles on it so everything still works like new (well except for today, LOL). The car is a 2002 Trans Am...

I've checked the vac spliter and seen no problems there. I haven't found a cracked vacum line either from the manifold or the canister... So, I'm at a loss as to what is causing the problem. The A/C blows cold air I just can't get it to stop blowing from the floor & defrost. What else or where else should I look for why it won't switch to the dash vents?
Old 09-28-2012, 05:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the help there fellow LS1tech'ers...

I finially got it to working but have no idea what I did. Just spent a good 4 hours wasting my time getting cut all the hell and didn't do a thing to it. I guess it was the HVAC magic gods that finally felt pitty on me and bam the thing is working...
Old 09-30-2012, 09:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by *JC*
Thanks for all the help there fellow LS1tech'ers...
sorry i was away for the weekend with no computer/internet access... dick

sounds like either the head unit in the dash going like a sticky valve that's operated by vacuum, provided you don't have a vacuum leak somewhere. and i don't know how the vents operate inside the dash, they may have just been sticking since you said the car sits a lot, working it for a little bit probably got it all working. congrats on having only 24k miles,,, dick.

2002 Camaro SS, 58k miles

Quick Reply: A/C problems