Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Requesting opinions

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Requesting opinions

I'm a long time Tech member posting under this name for the purpose of keeping this thread from becoming a **** flinging nut swinging ego monster showdown. Scandalous I know, drama is entertaining.

Below you'll see a 1 5/8" primary that's part of a turbo setup installed by a sponsor here. The lowest reading across the area that was 'clearanced' is less than 75% the original unmolested tube diameter and possibly even smaller in an area that looks like it was cold worked with a big ball peen. The wall of the pipe didn't expand outward to create a flattened section to avoided impeding flow. It was heated and caved in with a blunt object caveman style.

This could cause huge problems in that cylinder right? Scavenging, cylinder pressures, etc, being so different from the others. I'm kind of at a loss here. That steering rod is getting super heated, also. It's probably only a matter of time before it causes the rack to fail. I know there will be questions asked regarding how it came to be that way and again I'd rather not start a big argument with the sponsor involved because it'll just **** me off more at this point. I'm going to have this correct but I'd still like people's opinions. And be brutal. It's not going to hurt my feelings one iota.

Requesting opinions-oycnv.jpg

Quick Reply: Requesting opinions