Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Bikers Vs Cops

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 10:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bikers Vs Cops

I don't know if this has been posted. But its a cops vs bikers vid.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/09/20/w...eets-a-police/
Old 09-28-2012, 11:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

A whole bunch of dudes acting dumb on the highway... Did ya expect the police to wave yal on by?
Old 09-29-2012, 02:47 AM
Teching In

What a bunch of idiots. If you have nothing to hide, why run? The way I see it is, if you run, it's fair game. That second video with the guy going up the on ramp with the girl on the back. **** that, I would never geopardize my wife's life like that. Too stupid.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:10 AM
10 Second Club

get what they deserve douche bags
Old 09-29-2012, 07:46 AM
10 Second Club

My gripe about the whole thing is no one was really doing anything especially illegal before the road block.

A couple wheelies by one or two guys out of hundreds, big deal.

There was very little excessive speed, stunting, and weaving going on.

That massive dive for the exit sucked but that was poor planning, not hooliganism.

As for the road block (with MASSIVE gaps), if i were in that situation you bet i'm running. I'm not going to waste my time and money dealing with some asswipe cop who feels the need to write a ticket for an exhaust violation or non-DOT turn signals.

**** that ****, i'll take my chances.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow thats absolutely abusing force... trying to hit people off bikes??? Are you kidding me. Those types of cruises happen all the time. And yes a few guys ride like ******** but i dont know of any crowd of bikes that never has a guy or 2 riding hard. Accept it.. move on. To try and hit people off bikes is absolutely ridiculous. That pisses me off. Especially the cop who tried to hit the guy off the bike who has a female on back. Like she has any control over what the owner of the bike does. Then in the first video you see her on the ground in cuffs... ******* absolute d-bag cops. wow
Old 09-29-2012, 01:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL, at the road block they were like "**** this were out"
Old 09-29-2012, 01:56 PM
OEM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Beans
My gripe about the whole thing is no one was really doing anything especially illegal before the road block.

A couple wheelies by one or two guys out of hundreds, big deal.

There was very little excessive speed, stunting, and weaving going on.

That massive dive for the exit sucked but that was poor planning, not hooliganism.

As for the road block (with MASSIVE gaps), if i were in that situation you bet i'm running. I'm not going to waste my time and money dealing with some asswipe cop who feels the need to write a ticket for an exhaust violation or non-DOT turn signals.

Have you seen the ROC videos, 90% of them are doing really stupid ****... and endanger alot of people. They shut roads ******* down, it's just gotten way out of hand. It's gone on for years now, and the cops are fed up of it.

[youtube]_yRmoEpxpPE[/youtube]

[youtube]47Kj9R_UpAM[/youtube]

[youtube]hY7u1Q6V6cQ[/youtube]

[youtube]Ug_vOkXCNcE[/youtube]
Old 09-29-2012, 03:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you know if they didn't want to be hit by the officers cars they should't have fled. They deserved it and put themselves in danger by fleeing. Like if you run from a cop you may be shot or tackled, that's what happens when you run from the police.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:36 PM
10 Second Club

OEM, i hadn't seen videos of the prior years, but that doesn't change the fact that it seems like the 2012 one was pretty calm before the police decided to escalate the situation.

I'm not arguing that the behavior in the prior videos should be allowed, but it's also not acceptable for a cop to intentionally hit a motorcyclist IMO.

Even a very small impact is a big deal when it's your unprotected (relatively) body. A guy Evan and i know wasn't paying attention and barely clipped his brothers bike at about 20mph. Neither even fell. His brother's peg tore right through his calf. It really doesn't take much.

Riders and cops will always hate each other. Cops get frustrated with rider stupidity, some of which is justified, and riders get tired of cops harassing them. The more frequently we run from them, the more they harass us, and the less we want to deal with it. It's a bad cycle.

I've dealt with one police road block, had nowhere to go and stopped. Even after i was stopped and clearly not going anywhere the cops were VERY aggressive (similar to the vid). I was not in any way running from them at any point. You should have heard how proud they were of themselves because they stopped a solo rider speeding on a back road at night...it was like i had a backpack full of blow or something.

That article said 155 tickets were issued. I'd bet the vast majority are for complete bullshit.

Last edited by Beans; 09-29-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

LOL @ 69cutlass for thinking police can shoot you for running. Thats neve even close to the realm of deadly force being authorized....unless you are an escaped convict.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Beans

Comments like this is the reason I generally despise the whole sportbike scene and 90% of the riders.

You guys ride like jackasses, run from the police and then wonder why there is so much prejudice against you guys and then cry about it.

Last edited by My6speedZ; 09-29-2012 at 03:46 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-29-2012, 04:10 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by My6speedZ
Comments like this is the reason I generally despise the whole sportbike scene and 90% of the riders.

You guys ride like jackasses, run from the police and then wonder why there is so much prejudice against you guys and then cry about it.
You don't hear me crying about it, like i said it's a cyclical problem.

They harass us, we outrun them. We **** each other off in the process.

Here's a story for you from about a month ago. I went to the local convenience store to grab a drink. There's no helmet law in RI, but i almost always wear one. I was going about 200ft on a 20mph road so i skipped the helmet and couldn't find my sunglasses. I was in flip flops, shorts and a T-shirt. Ride the 30 seconds to the store, walk in, grab my drink, standing in line when 2 cruisers pull up behind my bike.

******* awesome.

Walking to my bike, and the cop (already having run my tag) calls me by name and motions me over. Where did you think i was going ********? I'm obviously walking right towards you. Anyway, he proceeds to give be bullshit about not wearing glasses. I point to my house, and tell him i live at X address, and didn't worry about glasses to go that distance on at 20mph.

Then he proceeds to question me (while being argumentative and condescending, I've been nothing but calm and polite) about why my address doesn't match my license. Because it's not a permanent address. They the exhaust and turn signals are illegal. Seriously?

Eventually after 15 minutes of lecturing in a cocky and arrogant manner, they let me go with a few warnings.

2 Cruisers, all this bullshit over glasses. **** off, i'll out run you next time.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:16 PM
Staging Lane

I don't have a problem with Cops (use to be one) issuing citations for dumb asses riding crazy. The only problem I have as a rider is unless you see me doing something illegal you have no reason to stop me. If you want to stop and or chase the idiots who can't ride without being dicks that's fine by me. Just don't stop me..... unless you have probable cause don't road block me or pull me over. If.... (doesn't seem to be the case here) they did a check point that involved all motorist then I would gladly show them my license and be on my way. You can't target specific motorist and or vehicles.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:37 PM
Teching In

Dont know if this was posted but heres another video from another riders helmet cam
Old 09-29-2012, 05:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NiteRiderWS6
Dont know if this was posted but heres another video from another riders helmet cam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eL8phkeJWE
Lmao.. nice
Old 09-29-2012, 05:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by djfury05
Lmao.. nice
I've watched it at least 50 times LOL
Old 09-29-2012, 05:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm not on the cops or riders side but man those guys going up on grass running away damn near had me on floor laughing and that last vid hahahaha. Guys like **** this later!
Old 09-29-2012, 05:21 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NiteRiderWS6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eL8phkeJWE
Fkn lol, not even into street bikes but i LOVE seeing cops fail its probably one of the best things ever.

Edit: Also forgot how funny it is to see bikers fail too. COOL WHEELIE BRO.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 69cutlassrkt
you know if they didn't want to be hit by the officers cars they should't have fled. They deserved it and put themselves in danger by fleeing. Like if you run from a cop you may be shot or tackled, that's what happens when you run from the police.
Guy we live in america... not a **** boot camp. You cant just shoot someone for fleeing..

Quick Reply: Bikers Vs Cops