Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS into a 95 Bird, AC question

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 04:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS into a 95 Bird, AC question

Okay guys here is my question for you, maybe some of you subject matter experts can help. As a couple guys can attest I have been building for this project for quite a while and I think I have most of it down, however the issue at hand is the AC and the cruise control.

Now I can live without the CC if I have too but not the AC so I am wondering if anybody tackled this? do you use your old AC and lines or did you use a 98-2002 AC and lines? And if you used the old LT AC did you have to change the pulley and connector?

Also did anyone tackle the CC issue.. I would love to hear what you did.

Ponch
Old 10-03-2012, 05:03 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The cruise control is a standalone system on the LT1 cars so all you have to do is hook the cable to the throttle body.
As for the AC I used the LT1 system including piping, accumulator, condenser and evaporator. The only part changed is the compressor with its pulley. I had to use spacers on the front sway bar to clear the AC lines, since they now pass below the compressor.
Assuming the compressor connector I think they're the same but I used the one with the LS1 wiring that I worked on to adapt to my car.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Excellent, good info thanks.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep same here. The cruise cable has an adjuster near the brake booster that you will need to adjust. The a/c line needs a slight bend to clear the compressor but that is pretty easy once you go to bolt it on. Then space the swaybar down for the lines to clear. The evaporator core temp sensor does not get used any more and mine has never frozen up.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by flame
Yep same here. The cruise cable has an adjuster near the brake booster that you will need to adjust. The a/c line needs a slight bend to clear the compressor but that is pretty easy once you go to bolt it on. Then space the swaybar down for the lines to clear. The evaporator core temp sensor does not get used any more and mine has never frozen up.
Thanks for the info, I didn't know you had to bend the lines but no biggie, changing the pulley on the compressor will be a PITA but well worth it IMOP. I hope to have this up and running in the next month so I can ship her to Germany before I get back from Afghanistan.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ponch95
Thanks for the info, I didn't know you had to bend the lines but no biggie, changing the pulley on the compressor will be a PITA but well worth it IMOP. I hope to have this up and running in the next month so I can ship her to Germany before I get back from Afghanistan.
You don't change the pulley. Just bolt the LT1 line onto the LS1 compressor.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by flame
You don't change the pulley. Just bolt the LT1 line onto the LS1 compressor.
Truth be told I never looked at the back of the compressor, even when I swapped one out on my buddies car. This will be too easy.

Quick Reply: LS into a 95 Bird, AC question