LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

RE: CalSpeed Headers

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 01:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default RE: CalSpeed Headers

Well guys i just want to get something out here.

As you all know LS1_Racing has been working with CalSpeed to develop custom boltons for the LS4. Now you also know that there are headers and complete exhaust in the works.

Now you have all expressed quite a bit of intrest in these parts. But let me say this. This first batch of parts is going to have a big affect on what does , or does not get developed next year. CalSpeed , is taking a risk , doing this for us , they are eating the cost of development , and providing this exhaust at a more than resonable price.

When this exhaust comes out this fall , lets say they only sell 5 sets , Do you really think they are gonna be motivated to make a cam swap or intake manifold swap kit you are asking for?

Now lets say they sell 25 sets , how does that scenario play out?

They arent some huge company like pacesetter or doug thorley , they arent raping us on the price. I guess what im just trying to say is that when this product come sout , we should really support this company , and give them our business , especially if we all want more stuff to come out in the future...

Im just saying this because in the past lots of us have been asking for this and that , and when we get a group buy together or talk gets serious about getting something developed , people drop out.

We HAD enough guys in the DTH Group buy to get them for 600(?) a set , and quite a few guys dropped out , and we would having to pay 650(?) , not a huge deal , i mean life does happen , but it does not encourage vendors to work with us to do what CalSpeed is doing.

Anyways , my rant is done , if you've made it this far thank you for reading , i hope i didnt ramble , and i hope i did not offend anyone..

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with CalSpeed in any way shape or form.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still interested.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well said, Colin.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agreed and will be placing my order. Do we know how many are interested at this point?
Old 10-09-2012, 04:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rguy200073
Agreed and will be placing my order. Do we know how many are interested at this point?
We're not keeping an official list yet, but we're up to around 25+ who say they're in.

Since this is not a group purchase, there's no need to worry about "getting in", as the price will be the same no matter what. I'm told that the first production batch will be 25 units, though that could change.

Quick Reply: RE: CalSpeed Headers