LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Lt headers and deletes

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 09:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lt headers and deletes

Can anyone shoot me a link to a definitive lt header install write up? I'm also deleting the cats and doing full exhaust, deleting egr, air, everything.. The usual. I know it's been asked a million times but when searching I can never find the good write ups I've seen.

Will the car be way off after all the deletes and lt install, or will I be able to drive it and have some fun? Car show at late model throttle today and I want to finish this and bring the camaro. Also without the front o2s and no tune is it going to be a problem?
Old 10-06-2012, 10:13 AM
TECH Resident

if it's your first time doing headers put some time aside, it's not going to be finished in a day.

no writeup needed, unbolt old stuff, and bolt on new... not much to it.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:44 AM
TECH Resident

agreed, will not be done today, unless you have like a million friends to help you maybe, also without front o2 sensors expect your car to run horribly, if it runs at all.. front 02 sensors tell the car if its running rich or lean for it to make corrections, also without rear or cat converters, egr and air pump you will most likley throw a code. just some food for though
Old 10-06-2012, 02:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

EGR, AIR!, and front and rear O2s will all throw codes. As far as running the car without O2s, you'll be stuck in open loop and won't get close to your usual fuel economy, car runs rich to avoid detonation. I hope you have the EGR Block-Off plates, too.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

Oh for sure guys I've done lt headers on 3 lt1 cars including my 383, but every time I've had a tune ready to load up. Basically the only thing i need to be sure of is the deletes, just want to be positive all the right lines and everything are removed and blocked properly. This time ill be going to late model throttle in Waukesha for a dyno tune.. I just want to be sure I can get the car there, and run a few short errands if I need to.

I've got a new gm opti, harness, NGK tr55 plugs, msd wires, msd coil, water pump, bbk tb, slp lid conversion and k&n filter, pacesetter ceramic coated longtubes, pacesetter 3"ory, o2 extensions, billet egr block off plates, felpro gaskets, and I'll either be using a borla or a slp loudmouth catback but with a magnaflow bullet (magnamouth ).

The cars got 410 gears, spec 2 clutch, mgw shifter, and lowered with full suspension. It's my dd but should be pretty fun after this!
Old 10-07-2012, 05:03 PM
On The Tree

Definitely not a one night job lol... Yesterday I got everything out, today everything new is going in. Got quite a few surprises like a melted opti covered in white powder from one or more of my plugs arcing out, but I've got all new stuff going in so it should be awesome when I'm done!

I'm going to start a new thread with pics
Old 10-07-2012, 08:51 PM
TECH Resident

told ya so!

and good job, you are ahead of the curve, most lt1 owners would have already asked what size a bolt is before even trying to stick a socket on it themselves.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by lt1slowz28
told ya so!

and good job, you are ahead of the curve, most lt1 owners would have already asked what size a bolt is before even trying to stick a socket on it themselves.
Thanks oh man trust me I know, 90% of the posts in the lt1 section are just the same question asked over.. And over... And OVER again lol. I didn't even want to post this one because I know it has been beat to death, but searching always gives me a mixed bag where the majority of the results are just threads where "headers" Ect are merely mentioned and none of the good stuff shows up.

I like to do my cars the right way, the first time

Quick Reply: Lt headers and deletes