Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LS7 Build

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS7 Build

Hey guys, I'm looking to build an LS7. kinda as a thing to right now but I would like to eventually put it into maybe a 90's vette or camaro. I just want to get some opinions about how I should go about it. Should I just buy part by part as I go? Or should I save and buy the whole thing? If I should buy the whole thing is there a place that sells kit engines? Or will it come assembled, and I have to take it all apart? If I buy every part individually, I would have a lot of shipping coasts. What would be the cheaper way? Thanks for reading. Andrew

Yes I am young, but this is my passion.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I understand being passionate about something, but in this case, you'd be better off saving until you could afford the whole thing. It may feel like you're making progress by buying things individually, but you'd be tying your money up in random parts, leaving you no cushion in case something comes up (after all, life happens).

If you don't have the money, just have patience...maybe find a C6ZO6 that is totaled from a rear end collision or something, and see if you can work a deal to get the motor out of that. Just gotta be smarter.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:16 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1,121 Likes on 618 Posts

We understand the Chevrolet Performance 427 LS7 is one of the most iconic LS engines offered. That engine has 427 reasons to be many enthusiasts’ benchmark, but with things like initial purchase price and working out the dry sump oiling system, there are several options you can go with to achieve the same performance. If you’re looking for 427 cubes you can always go with one of the Eagle Competition Or Scat Rotating Assemblies and install that into a Summit Racing Iron LS Engine block. If your goal is to hit the 500 hp level you could choose almost any of the LS engines with some minor bolt-ons and forced induction to accomplish this also. Your project is at an advantage due to the blank slate at hand. What are your performance goals and budget?

800-230-3030
www.SummitRacing.com

Quick Reply: LS7 Build