General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Nice size oil leak?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 10:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nice size oil leak?

2001 ws6 95,000 miles. I was previously leaving a drip of oil now when I park im leaving about a 6x6 puddle having problems locating oil leak due to fact there's so much oil underneath car everywhere. Yes I need to clean it to pinpoint it better just wondering if anyone has ever had this size oil leak and where it was coming from unfortunately work hasn't given me enough time to get car cleaned and checked
Old 10-09-2012, 12:46 AM
TECH Addict

Big oil leaks can be caused be a bad rear main seal, rear cover gasket, oil pan, Oil pressure sending unit, valley cover.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:47 AM
TECH Addict

Degrease the area that covered in oil and buy one of thise Dye kits from the Auto parts stores. That should give you a pretty good idea where its coming from.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:18 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jdtulie
2001 ws6 95,000 miles. I was previously leaving a drip of oil now when I park im leaving about a 6x6 puddle having problems locating oil leak due to fact there's so much oil underneath car everywhere. Yes I need to clean it to pinpoint it better just wondering if anyone has ever had this size oil leak and where it was coming from unfortunately work hasn't given me enough time to get car cleaned and checked
I had leak like this and it was only a valve cover gasket. Just kind of followed the mess. There was more on the pass than there was on the driver and I noticed it was fairly high on the block. So I decided to go with the cover gaskets and all has been fine since. GL

Quick Reply: Nice size oil leak?