Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lowered FRC

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 11:30 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Lowered FRC

Well I'm back in the saddle of an LS-1! It's been several years since I sold my 02 SS. Still miss it. Anywho, I am picking up a 99 FRC Tuesday afternoon (the one pictured below), which brings me to my questions.

It is lowered, and the guy I'm getting it from says the bolts are cut. I test dove it, and in my opinion, I would like to raise it back up a tad. It even rubs on small pot holes (and in Arkansas, there are plenty!). Since the bolts are cut, I am in need of a new set, front and rear. Best place to get them? Brand, etc? Or should I just go to a Chevy dealer and see if they have a set of stock bolts? I still want it lowered, just not quite that much.

Thanks for the input!!

Oh, and is that color Light Pewter Metallic?

Oh, the Z06 badges are coming off. Bugs me to no end.
Attached Thumbnails Lowered FRC-securedownload.jpg  

Last edited by jaywoo; 10-09-2012 at 08:05 AM.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Unless Im mistaken, C5s need longer bolts to be lowered - so the fact that yours are cut shouldn't matter. Just tighten them to raise the car...
Old 10-09-2012, 11:25 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Light Pewter Metallic FRC...many faps.

Great looking car. He cut the bolts? I assume he bought bolts that were too long or just cut off any excess. You should be able to get the car down to stock or locate some stock bolts easily.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 10-11-2012, 11:25 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Congrats on the FRC.... I do Corvette work too (and I own one).

Longer bolts are not needed to lower, and if he cut them... well that was stupid because there is no reason to do so. Anyway, I see a few issues. Cutting them would mean he hacked off the hex end of the bolt (unless he just cut the pads down on the bottom which I bet is really what he did). *IF* the hex end is gone, that will be a pain.

I bet he did the pad trick, and you will be able to raise it up. It's a hunch since obviously I can't see the bolts.....

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Quick Reply: Lowered FRC