Trying to find previous ws6 owner

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to find previous ws6 owner

I purchased my all black ws6 a few days ago from a dealer in San Antonio. I was told the car was a trade in so it would be hard to track down the previous owner/owners. The car has had the drivers side front fender replaced and has some waves in the rear drivers side qtr. It has black int aswell. Car is an m6 and has longtubes, borla, and a lid installed. It also has chrome ws6 wheels and a sticker that says "Dominant Breed" on the rear hatch. I am looking to find out any info i can about it such as previous mods, how bad it was hit, how much track time, things like that. Car is an 01 with 114k on it. Thank you and i look forward to using this awesome site to help build my knowledge of these f body monsters.

Posted from LS1Tech.com App for Android
Old 10-10-2012, 01:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onesexyraven
I purchased my all black ws6 a few days ago from a dealer in San Antonio. I was told the car was a trade in so it would be hard to track down the previous owner/owners. The car has had the drivers side front fender replaced and has some waves in the rear drivers side qtr. It has black int aswell. Car is an m6 and has longtubes, borla, and a lid installed. It also has chrome ws6 wheels and a sticker that says "Dominant Breed" on the rear hatch. I am looking to find out any info i can about it such as previous mods, how bad it was hit, how much track time, things like that. Car is an 01 with 114k on it. Thank you and i look forward to using this awesome site to help build my knowledge of these f body monsters.

Congrats on the purchase, good luck with the modding!!
Old 10-10-2012, 01:49 PM
TECH Regular

i think i know of this car, do you have pics of the rear quarter?

if this is the car i am thinking of, it was FUXXXEDDD on the whole drivers side, after it sat in a junk yard for a few years it was bought by a local guy in austin, Me and another tech member did some repairs to get it presentable
Old 10-10-2012, 02:34 PM
Teching In

i dont have any now but i can take some tonight when i get home. i looked under the car and had the fender most of the way off yesterday and didnt see any damage really. the door looks fine too unless its packed full of bondo

Old 10-10-2012, 02:39 PM
Teching In

Thank you agrv8d. I plan on pushing it into the low 11s once i know its a solid car to start with

Old 10-10-2012, 02:39 PM
Teching In

Thank you agrv8d. I plan on pushing it into the low 11s once i know its a solid car to start with

Old 10-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Teching In

i got the car for 6500 which is pretty cheap for a ws6 so im sure their is somthing i overlooked.

Old 10-10-2012, 03:00 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fondle
i think i know of this car, do you have pics of the rear quarter?

if this is the car i am thinking of, it was FUXXXEDDD on the whole drivers side, after it sat in a junk yard for a few years it was bought by a local guy in austin, Me and another tech member did some repairs to get it presentable
Just what you want to hear after you bought a car lol

Good luck with modding the car.. Even with damage the car can still be a great car just need to make sure everything is done right.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:09 PM
Teching In

agreed. Im not really all that worried about the body as long as it drives straight. Panels can be fixed, Im more concerned about the engine and how hard its been beat on. It has 2 holes on the dash that appear to be where a shift light was mounted so that worries me a bit. Im really hoping its never fed on a bottle too lol

Old 10-10-2012, 03:14 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Strong username.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:46 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah, like Fondle said that car was in a JY for a few years.. Can't believe how much its sold for over the years.. 4k then 6.5k and you just bought it for 6.5k again!

Assuming its the same car, Last I saw it the 1/4 panel still had a dent right above where the bumper meets the 1/4 panel from front too back.

But those are the same mods and slightly more milage, I worked on it so feel free too ask my questions.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:21 PM
Teching In

Have you done any work to any of the drivetrain? It sounds like the same car. How badly was it damaged in the accident? Did it seem in fair mechanical condition when you last saw it? It has a clear title and drives straight so it seems ok unibody wise. I got a quote earlier today for 1600 straightened and painted so thats not horrible. I figured it was a decent deal considering what other ws6s go for in sa
Old 10-10-2012, 07:36 PM
TECH Resident

i helped get it driveable after it was picked up from the junkyard.. I talked too owner at the junkyard and he said he lost control and hit a poll holding up a fence, it had been sitting in the back of this guys JY for a while after that.. And it already had the mods on it, I did clean the air filter because it was covered in dirt lol.

Mechanically it was sound, The core support is slightly tweeked though, I did my best too get everything lined up for the budget I had... If I dig around, I have some pics.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:44 PM
Teching In

That would be awesome if you could get some pics. How long ago was this? Do you remember how bad the damage to the core support was? Totalable? Thank you for all the info
Old 10-10-2012, 08:57 PM
TECH Resident

3 years ago, yeah it probably would have totaled.. Front bumper, fender, headlight, hood, door, rocker molding, 1/4 panel, spoiler, rear bumper, mirror and the damage too the core support/headlight mounting panel..
Old 10-11-2012, 07:00 AM
Teching In

Thats not really the information i was hoping to hear but at least i know the truth about it. Just like SSHAWK said though, just because its been in a wreck doesnt mean its not a good car. Panelscan be fixed so im not too worried about it, its mostly the engine thay i was worried about to make sure its solid to build on. Thank you for all the information and if you have any more on it that would be awesome if not thats ok too
Old 10-11-2012, 08:36 AM
10 Second Club

Post some pics...would like to see the new ride.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Where did you buy the car from?
Old 10-11-2012, 10:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Honestly man resell it and get a clean car.

It's like having a hot girlfriend that's been gangbanged by black guys a long time ago. I just couldnt have all that body damage in the back of my mind from being wrecked.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:48 AM
Teching In

And retard has to chime in...

Quick Reply: Trying to find previous ws6 owner