Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What motor mounts with my headers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 10:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What motor mounts with my headers?

Hey all! i want to use the Schoenfled longtube headers on my 5.3 swap into my c10 but I dont want to use solid mounts like Schoefeld says they work with. Does anyone happen to know what other mounts I can use that are polyurethane?
Old 10-11-2012, 02:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I looked up the parts on there web site. .it states that it works with the following parts works with there header...:

TRANS DAPT MOTOR MOUNT PLATE # 4572, it looks like a standard set back plate.)

MOTOR MOUNT PART# - MOROSO # 62510, states it is designed to replace OEM mounts. so the stardard Chevy V8 Poly mount should work.

BC
Old 10-11-2012, 08:19 PM
On The Tree

Oh geez now I feel stupid! I thought you had to use all three of the parts listed on the website! thanks though!
Old 10-11-2012, 10:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bczee
I looked up the parts on there web site. .it states that it works with the following parts works with there header...:

TRANS DAPT MOTOR MOUNT PLATE # 4572, it looks like a standard set back plate.)

MOTOR MOUNT PART# - MOROSO # 62510, states it is designed to replace OEM mounts. so the stardard Chevy V8 Poly mount should work.

BC
Wait so stock one for my truck or stock ones for a current truck?
Old 10-12-2012, 12:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No sure what your asking here. .I think the answer you C10, I think your year should have the Clam Shell mounts.. (let me know if that is incorrect).

It states that both that the normal early style mounts and the newer Clam shell mounts will bolt up to the adapter plates.

I can tell you that it will all both together.. the issue as usual is will the mounts and frame stands alignement... you might need to move the stand some (raise, move outwards, etc) to get the Long Mount Bolt to be able to slide in.

BC

So.. this comes down to "Depends".. on what your trying to use it for.. Mixing and Matching swap parts can be problematic.. but if you stick with one Manufactor and there parts as recommened, there is uaually less issues.

Quick Reply: What motor mounts with my headers?