Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please confirm my understanding of O2 readings and MAFT settings

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 12:29 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Please confirm my understanding of O2 readings and MAFT settings

After getting my base settings dialed in with the MAFT, I am having a slight mental block in understanding the changes for the WOT setting. Just to confirm, a high O2 reading means the engine is running rich, correct? Logging my track runs from last week, the O2s average .930-.940 at WOT. Since this means it is rich (right?), I need to lean it out with the WOT setting on the MAFT.

Now here is where I'm not sure what the MAFT settings mean. Take for example, the 6% lean setting for WOT. Does this mean that choosing this option will make the car run 6% leaner (this is what I think it means)? Or does this mean that I need to choose this option if my car is running 6% lean, in which case it would richen the mixture?

So if my understanding on both of those is correct, since my O2 readings mean the car is rich, then I need to go to a leaner WOT setting. Since I'm already at the 2% lean WOT setting, maybe go to the 6% lean setting???

Thanks for your help, and please correct me if I'm wrong. Chris
Old 04-10-2004, 05:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Easiest answer is YES. You assumptions are correct.

Take it one step at a time. Put at 4% and make a WOT run while A-taping. If still running rich, bump it another 2%. Watch your KR.

This is why a dyno is so great

David
Old 04-11-2004, 01:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rite on,
good luck, Johnny