Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Do I really need adjustables?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 10:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I really need adjustables?

I'm looking at replacing my original 95 suspension. All original with 211,000 km on it.

So Strano springs with Konis and Strano hollow sway bars. Why? I've talked to Sam, his springs get great reviews, Konis get great reviews, my front sway bar is starting to crack.

Lower and upper front control arms since my lower control arm bushings are starting to separate.

I would also like to get rear lower control arms and a new panhard bar. I know an adjustable panhard bar is the way to go to center the rear end again.

I want to hold off on relocation brackets for the rear lower control arms since I won't be sticking with the stock 10 bolt.

Do I need my upper and lower control arms plus my rear lower control arms to be adjustable? Will I alter so much in my front suspension that I need the adjustability of the parts or is there enough adjustment from the factory?

I'm not looking to constantly change my suspension specs. I would like to stick to one setting that works for a variety of things to do with the car.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:51 PM
TECH Addict

with that many km on the car I assume it's a somewhat daily driver, and not going to be a primarily autox/road race car?

if that's the case I would go with factory bushings/balljoints up front and 1le bushings in the rear control arms
Old 11-07-2012, 10:13 PM
Teching In

It has not been a daily driver since I bought it. I just drive it on nice weekends/days but would like to do more racing once the suspension is fixed to my liking.

Quick Reply: Do I really need adjustables?