Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Which car cover?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 05:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which car cover?

Looking into car covers since my TA will spend most of the next year in storage while I'm deployed overseas. What are you guys using? The car will be stored inside, so I don't need weather protection so much as just something to keep the dust off and fend off scratches from anyone brushing up against it. So far, I've been looking at the Coverking Triguard and the SLP covers, but I'm open to suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

not familiar with brands, but I remember scj posting a nice one in his thread, and also 97ramsst posting his a while back. Let me try to dig up their threads..

*found one of the threads, he had a Coverking: https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...car-cover.html

and the other (post 106, 111): https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...24-12-a-6.html

Last edited by crimson_bird; 11-09-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:41 PM
FormerVendor

I vote for the Satin Stretch. That's a top of the line cover and is fairly expensive. We sell a ton on here though.

For what you plan to use it for the Triguard will be fine. It's not as soft as the stretch cover though.

Check out our selection here: http://www.shop.jwmotoring.com/categ...?categoryId=16

Contact me direct with any questions.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:11 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the input guys. JW, I'll be in contact soon.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a California Car Cover back when I had my Camaro, and it was a pretty nice cover with good fitment. Whichever cover you get, make sure you get a cable and lock for it.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Thumbs down JWmotoring

I have one of the satin stretch covers from JWmotoring. Its a nice cover, but I was VERY disappointed when I ordered a plain black cover with no markings on it, and when it arrived it had a huge coverking logo on the front. Not a huge deal, but I was going to get a custom Firehawk logo on it since they wouldn't do it for me. Nowhere on their site does it even say that it is even made by coverking, or that there would be a logo on it. Also all of their pictures show no coverking markings on the cover.
When I contacted them about this they were going to charge me a 20% restocking fee if I were to return it, plus I would be out the money to ship it back. They eventually offered to waive the fee since someone else bought a cover, but by then it was too late. What I really wanted was a partial refund so I could get the logo covered up, but they were unwilling to agree to this, admit that they didn't advertise it correctly, or even offer an apology for the mix up. I thought I was better off going with a site sponsor vendor, but turns out I was wrong. Plus just to add insult, the shipping cost was twice the price as they had advertised on here (I did get it down to the advertised price after contacting them, but still) they also don't even offer a phone number for customer support.

I will NOT be a return customer.

/rant
Old 11-10-2012, 11:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by z-camaro
I have one of the satin stretch covers from JWmotoring. Its a nice cover, but I was VERY disappointed when I ordered a plain black cover with no markings on it, and when it arrived it had a huge coverking logo on the front. Not a huge deal, but I was going to get a custom Firehawk logo on it since they wouldn't do it for me. Nowhere on their site does it even say that it is even made by coverking, or that there would be a logo on it. Also all of their pictures show no coverking markings on the cover.
When I contacted them about this they were going to charge me a 20% restocking fee if I were to return it, plus I would be out the money to ship it back. They eventually offered to waive the fee since someone else bought a cover, but by then it was too late. What I really wanted was a partial refund so I could get the logo covered up, but they were unwilling to agree to this, admit that they didn't advertise it correctly, or even offer an apology for the mix up. I thought I was better off going with a site sponsor vendor, but turns out I was wrong. Plus just to add insult, the shipping cost was twice the price as they had advertised on here (I did get it down to the advertised price after contacting them, but still) they also don't even offer a phone number for customer support.

/rant
Similar story. I ordered one a black one for my 4th gen Camaro, with a Camaro script. It arrived and the "script" was block letters like the 5th gen's and yellow... I contacted them and they said "script (lettering) what's the problem"? Well, I would have liked to been warn that script isn't really script font.
And yellow/gold?

Old 11-11-2012, 07:15 AM
FormerVendor

/rant
Now for my side.

I offered you a fair deal. You wanted a big refund which I wasn't going to do. I'll tell anyone that.

I offered you a return with no deductions or fees and you didn't respond. Not sure why you would bring this to the forum.

Remember this?

Well then that still would not help me. I appreciate the offer to waive a restocking fee but the right thing to do would be to give me a partial refund of $50 so that I can get cover it up, as you have falsely advertised the cover on your website. I have said it before, and I will say it again; nowhere on your website does it say that coverking manufactures the cover, or that there would be any sort of logo on it if you didn't pay the extra $35 for a "custom logo."Thanks,
Aaron
My response. I never received a reply after this email was sent.

Sorry I can not refund you $50.

I've sent you an offer for a return with no fee deduction. If that doesn't work I will not be able to help you.

Thanks,
Jhonathan
JW Motoring
Yes they will come with a Coverking logo if you do not select a manufacturer/car model type logo. It's standard in the car cover world. It's a car cover meant to cover your car.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:18 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SnakeStomper
Similar story. I ordered one a black one for my 4th gen Camaro, with a Camaro script. It arrived and the "script" was block letters like the 5th gen's and yellow... I contacted them and they said "script (lettering) what's the problem"? Well, I would have liked to been warn that script isn't really script font.
And yellow/gold?

Here is the message from 2010.
Hello Jhonathan,

I've been trying to email you but not sure why the email keeps bouncing back. Anyway, in regards to my order (Invoice ID: 0000004002) for an F-body indoor car cover, I received the cover earlier in the week with one concern though.

The lettering "Camaro" should've been in script font per the order, but instead it was embroidered in block yellow letters instead. What should I do?

thanks,
Juan
---End Quote---

Is there something wrong with the letters? The option doesn't specify a specifc font. It says script (lettering).

Maybe I'm not understanding the problem.
---End Quote---
There's nothing physically wrong with it. It's just that when it says "Camaro script (lettering)" I expected something else I'm used to seeing when it something has "Camaro script" (you can google it and see what I mean). If I knew they were block letters I wouldn't have chosen that option, just looks out of place. But oh well, I guess it's my fault for assuming. lesson learned.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:20 PM
12 Second Club

/rant

Originally Posted by JW@JWMotoring
Now for my side.

I offered you a fair deal. You wanted a big refund which I wasn't going to do. I'll tell anyone that.
This wasn't just a bashing of you, I try to keep if fair and factual. See above. Also I wanted a $50 refund on a near $300 cover, and I was expecting a counter offer for you to meet me half way

I offered you a return with no deductions or fees and you didn't respond. Not sure why you would bring this to the forum.
I brought this to the form because you are a supporting vender, and I was unhappy with my experience. It sounds like I was not the only one to experience this. Also I have kept my mouth shut until someone asked about covers, and you recommended your own.

Remember this?

Yes, (That is pretty shad directly bringing customers emails directly to the forum) but like I said above it was too little too late. On August 30th you said you were unwilling to work with me and that my only option was a 20% restocking fee. Before I headed out of town the next day I put it on the car. September 3rd you said this is the last email, then retraced that and offered to get rid of the restocking fee, but it was already on the car ("Used" and non-returnable.)

My response. I never received a reply after this email was sent.

At this point it was a lost cause and I gave up

Yes they will come with a Coverking logo if you do not select a manufacturer/car model type logo. It's standard in the car cover world. It's a car cover meant to cover your car.
This would never have an issue if you would put that on your website in the first place (or even the fact that they were made by coverking!)
I don't want to gum up the op's thread, so I can just put my experience in the vendor feedback section if you would prefer that.

Op, like I said I would look elsewhere for a cover. It looks like I am not the only one that was unhappy with the product, and more than anything the customer service.

What I wanted to do with my PLAIN cover (top), and what I am stuck with (lower).
Old 11-13-2012, 09:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SnakeStomper
Yea that's definitely not script, that's block lettering. Glad I saw this because I was going to order mine with the Camaro script....not anymore! I wonder if there is an option for no logo at all?

Might be a good idea for them to show pics on the website of the actual logos so customers will know exactly what they will get. Just a thought.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:22 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TS99V6
Yea that's definitely not script, that's block lettering. Glad I saw this because I was going to order mine with the Camaro script....not anymore! I wonder if there is an option for no logo at all?

Might be a good idea for them to show pics on the website of the actual logos so customers will know exactly what they will get. Just a thought.
That would have been nice, at least you found out before it was too late. SnakeStomper and I on the other hand, were not so lucky. But all you have to do is ask, then he will tell you...

Pictured below is what you will get if you get one with no logo. It DOES in fact have a logo on it despite what the web site says. Again it is NOT plain, it has coverking on it.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TS99V6

Exactly. I love the fit, it is like sexy lingerie on my car lol... I didn't push for any type of refund or anything, just notified them because it was misleading to me and it could be misleading to others. I think I later checked out coverking's site and you can better customize your covers there. Haven't checked in a while though.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:00 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for all the input guys. While not as nice as the Coverking covers I was looking at, my friend who is storing the car for me found one of his old covers and I am using that.

Quick Reply: Which car cover?