Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

anyone tinted one of the clear license plate fillers for firebirds?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 04:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone tinted one of the clear license plate fillers for firebirds?

http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/ponfirclearl.html
thats the filler i'm talking about, I've got a black ta and i've been rocking a front plate as long as I've owned the car but now that it's not really a daily anymore i've been thinking about ditching the plate for a filler panel But I like the thought of still having the plate slightly visible for most cops, even though I know that there are dick cops that will still bust my *****. honestly the cars begging to get dicked with, black wheels, 5% windows and soon it will be 35% windsheild lol But i love the way it looks and like i said its a toy now so wth!
I've got a local guy that spray tints lights and he says he could tint a clear filler for me as dark or light as i'd want it so i was just wondering if anyone here has done it??
Old 11-19-2012, 06:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

never seen it, but it sounds like an interesting idea. But I highly doubt it'll get you out of a ticket should an officer pull you over for it, unless you go extremely light. and at that point the question is, Is it even worth it?

Just go all the way and paint it to match. Its just like the tint, there always the chance that you'll get a ticket, but if you drive like a normal person you probably wont have any issues. The ONLY times I have gotten tickets for my tint or front plate, have been times where I was speeding, or in the carpool/HOV lane when I shouldn't have been, and in those cases it was actually better/cheaper to get that ticket than the tickets for what I got pulled over for in the first place. So they have actually benefited me lol.

Quick Reply: anyone tinted one of the clear license plate fillers for firebirds?