Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX Nitrous Kit install on 02 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 10:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NX Nitrous Kit install on 02 Camaro

I have an 02 Camaro z/28 with an auto that iam going to be putting a NX wet kit on. I got the kit used and this is my first camaro and nitrous install. I was wondering the following questions:
-should i upgrade the stock fuel pump *easiest way to get it out*?
-do i need a tune?
-what is a safe size of jet to use?
-any other tips/tricks?

This is a 02 75,000mile camaro with an auto. Im looking for a run reliable car. Its also going to get a yank ss3600 convertor and a set of 3.42 gears.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am new to it but I have some tips
Yes, you need more fuel
Yes, you need a WOT switch
Yes, you need a tune to get the most out of it
150 shot is a good shot on stock stuff w/auto check your kit for sizes
keep you bottle pressure up and use a heater instead of a torch.
I love my new NX kit. My purge stuck due to some trash i picked up at the fill place, (new kit and bottle) but i had a BLAST with it.
Last, auto helps keep the stock rear end from breaking but if you use sticky tires and go from a dead expect to tow it.
Just some of my experiances.

Pic of stuck purge, still ran 7.6x at 95 in the 1/8 on the stock pos rear with DR's
Old 11-24-2012, 08:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by qcga
I have an 02 Camaro z/28 with an auto that iam going to be putting a NX wet kit on. I got the kit used and this is my first camaro and nitrous install. I was wondering the following questions:
-should i upgrade the stock fuel pump *easiest way to get it out*?
-do i need a tune?
-what is a safe size of jet to use?
-any other tips/tricks?

This is a 02 75,000mile camaro with an auto. Im looking for a run reliable car. Its also going to get a yank ss3600 convertor and a set of 3.42 gears.
An upgrade of the fuel pump is good but I have done without it on bone stock cars, but only up to a 100 shot. Cars that have heads and cam, I wouldn't do it. When you do the fuel pump make sure you are also getting the hotwire kit too, those 2 should always go hand in hand.

If your car is bone stock you might be able to get away with no tune as far as timing goes, up to a 100 shot in my book. Did it on 4 different bone stock cars so far and plugs looked fine after a night at the track.

In your case for size of jetting, I would start small at a 75-100 shot. Everybody's jetting is different so I don't know the jet sizes for NX.

When you put the stall and gears in, throw a set of longtubes on it and get a tune with all that on the car. After that, get a timing tuner (lingenfelter box) to pull more timing so you can spray more. Make sure you get a set of colder plugs too. The part # you will be looking for is br6ef (stock # 3177) it is 1 step colder and non-projected. That will be good for the 100 shot, when you go bigger, step up to br7ef (stock #3346) thats 2 steps colder. Be safe adn have fun!

Quick Reply: NX Nitrous Kit install on 02 Camaro