Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Found a cheap bracket for forward manifolds

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 07:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Found a cheap bracket for forward manifolds

So I had a hell of a time finding a bracket that would allow me to run my power steering pump and alternator on the drivers side head. Seemed like everything I looked at would have been in the 400-600 dollar range. I found this bracket a couple weeks ago. Comes with belt and hardware. It fits perfectly with forward facing truck manifolds. For $160 its a nice product and fits well. Though I would share with everyone as I had a hell of a time finding something for my build.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/F-Body...ket,35274.html
Old 11-27-2012, 08:22 AM
Teching In

"If you want to get rid of your power steering and move the alternator up to the driver side head, this is the bracket for you. It allows you to retain your original F-body alternator, balancer, A/C bracket and compressor.

Includes a billet aluminum bracket, belt and hardware."
Seems like this bracket gets rid of power steering according to their description.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:35 AM
Staging Lane

Probably this is the one he is talking about
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/F-Body...ket,42493.html
Old 11-27-2012, 09:39 AM
On The Tree

My apologies. Turningfast got it right. there is two brackets, one taht includes power steering and one that is alternator only. This bolted right up even with my fabricated valve covers. Alternator hangs to the side perfect. I have the bracket turningfast linked, the alternator only bracket puts the alternator in the same location just no provisions to bolt up power steering.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by turningfast
Probably this is the one he is talking about
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/F-Body...ket,42493.html
i like this one also..but it looks like it needs a longer belt and tensioner below the ps pump to make room for turbo piping..
Old 11-27-2012, 06:50 PM
On The Tree

I don't have any issues with that with a 3.5'' dp. Could run 4'' if the k member had enough clearance. stock tensioner location on water pump is used. you could definitely use a lower tensioner to get more clearance.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by jrocstar
I don't have any issues with that with a 3.5'' dp. Could run 4'' if the k member had enough clearance. stock tensioner location on water pump is used. you could definitely use a lower tensioner to get more clearance.
I bet the original alt bracket can help with a lower pulley..not a tensioner but another is not really needed. Just a pulley to move the belt in

Quick Reply: Found a cheap bracket for forward manifolds