Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 06:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help!

I have an interesting situation. I'm new to the mechanics of cars, but I am MECP certified so in know the electronics aspect fairly well. So keep that in mind if you can help! So I have a 99 Trans am. Basically stock except for a few bolt ons. The problems all started when my trans slipped and went into limp home mode. I know the problem (2nd and 4th band) but the car sat for a couple weeks. I then went to just drive in around the block, and It started right up but the steering wheel was off by like 45 degrees, also the key was kind of hard to turn. So I drove it home where it sat again. Now, I need it stored. It was going to my grandmas garage so, I went to start it and get nothing, no starter click, nothing. Try to jump, nothing. New battery, Nothing. I have power, but not even an attempt to crank. I was thinking that it could have something to do with the key cylinder because it was hard to turn, but im really not sure. There is power going to the starter wire when the key is turned. Im pretty sure all the fuses are good, and I can't tell if the starter relay is clicking because I was by myself. But if any of this sounds familiar I'd greatly appreciate the help. This car is sitting in my driveway about it get snowed on, and worst of all in Flint Michigan That was longer than I thought, but I need help!
Old 12-14-2012, 07:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like your steering/lock was on and you busted the key cyl forcing the key to turn

Quick Reply: Please help!