New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One more day and the mods begin!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 12:10 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The mods are finished the car is done!!!

Woot Woot....starting to sweat here waiting for friday so I can deliver my car to LS1Speed to be worked on. I worked out all the stuff Im going to want to install this summer so its perfect timing. Ill let you guys know the rear wheel numbers as soon as I get my sassy girl back. Hopefully Ill have it back by next friday. Gonna be wierd not seeing her for a week or more hahaha its like ym girl is leaving me or something hahaha. Thats probably how we all are. need a drink to calm the nerves I so damn hyped!!! Later guys. Thanks for listening.

Last edited by santino04; 04-23-2004 at 05:56 PM.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:55 AM
Staging Lane

what are you getting done?
Old 04-15-2004, 01:27 AM
Staging Lane

yeah all of that talking and we dont know what's getting done LOL could be just a lid and catback LOL spill the beans man let us know whats up.

Mike
Old 04-15-2004, 08:26 AM
Launching!

Can't leave us hanging like that!!! Whats getting installed? If you are so excited you forgot to tell what is going on, then it must be good!!!
Old 04-15-2004, 10:20 AM
Staging Lane

Lets see .. been waiting a long time and made an apointment at LS1speed. Probably some splitfire spark plugs and a K&N filter
Old 04-15-2004, 04:35 PM
Launching!

Yeah dude, that's like ending a sentance with "and"...you just dont do that.
Old 04-15-2004, 07:03 PM
Launching!

Probably am to excited that I forgot hahah. Yeah Im getting my oil changed its so great cant wait!!!

Naw just playin. Check it out they are doin all the work cause Im too damn busy to do some of the small and moderate stuff myself so figure let them do it all with the hard s##t. They are actually giving some good deals on the labor and parts because Im buying and getting it all done at once. All that I have done are the free mods and I have the SLP cold induction package. Ill be getting the following:
SLP LONG TUBES
Y-PIPE
CATS
HOOKER CAT BACK AERO CHAMBER
TAYLOR WIRES
NGK PLUGS
160 THERMOSTAT
SLP OIL PUMP
ROLLMASTER TIMING CHAIN
TRANSGO SHIFT KIT
V PLUS VOLT BOOSTER
PORTED TB
ASP PULLEY
SLP LS6 MANIFOLD W/EGR = purchased off this site
CAM 224/581/114
918 SPRINGS
CHROME MOLY RODS
TITANIUM RETAINERS
LIFTERS
HARLAND SHARP SHAFT ROCKERS = also purchased here
DYNO TUNE

Yeah you guys are probably flippin out right now like HOLY S### now thats a shopping list........yeah it is I think, a ton of mods all at once. Ive been saving though so its all good. Thanks and cheers
Old 04-16-2004, 12:18 AM
Teching In

All that and only a shift kit for your A4? Poor A4! They need some love too. I didn't see anything about a stall on there in your previous or up-and-coming mods... I honestly would have thought that'd be the first thing on the list?
Old 04-16-2004, 02:39 AM
Staging Lane

i Agree there, def. would want a stall. that is one of the next things on my to do list.

Mike
Old 04-16-2004, 12:22 PM
Launching!

Yeah I know thats what everyone has been telling me. I just feel wrong dumpin 700 800 dollas on a damn torque convertor when I can make good old fashioned American HORSEPOWER. Dont forget Im gonna need the trans cooler and Im gonna want a deep pan too. Crap I might just get a whole new tricked out trans. When I get some more cash I will probably do it, but the stock will do for now. One of you mentioned show some love to the A4 I am with the shift kit her stocker is fine for now, it wont hamper her reliabilty any. Ive seen quite a few guys run a ton of mods with stock torque convertor and some that went with the SLP 2600 2800 which isnt much more than stock. You figure say I upgrade to a SLP 2600 it will give me a good push off the line and then exactly mirror the stock convertors curve. I figure knock out some mods on the motor real quick then go to the trans rearend and suspension. I dont really need hard launches at stop signs and down my local side streets smokin up my tires haha at this time, not track worthy just yet, but I do understand that it also helps the motor stay within its curve. I think I wanna get the rear done before that. Thanks for your input guys keep it coming. Love hearing ideas. Also like being criticized to a point also, I know I dont know everything. Cheers
Old 04-16-2004, 01:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice set of mods, except I'd go for a different set of headers unless you got a really killer deal on those.
Old 04-16-2004, 03:45 PM
TECH Addict

Hope everything works out for ya.
Old 04-21-2004, 08:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

TC should be an A4's first mod after the free ones. HP don't mean **** unless it's put to the ground properly. We're talking .5-1 second off your 1/4 dude.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:16 AM
TECH Resident

WOW.nice shopping List..how much is it all together???
Old 04-21-2004, 07:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by cerebrex
TC should be an A4's first mod after the free ones. HP don't mean **** unless it's put to the ground properly. We're talking .5-1 second off your 1/4 dude.
If you read my last post I thought I explained very well why I am not going with a convertor right now. Yeah and all you guys say that is the first thing you should do to your A4s is get a convertor is a bunch of bullshit. You dont need to have a convertor right off the bat, granted it is great but its not like you have to buy it right away or your car will be a lead sled. Again I am not exactly looking to go to the track right away with my car, nor do I need to burn up my tires on local side streets. Sometimes I wonder how many of you really know what a TC really does. Yes it does help your engine run in its optimum band and probably the most noticealbe thing it does is give hard *** launches from stops or up in the band. I dont need that right now! Say I went ahead and bought a Yank 3000 of course I would haul *** off the line (which again is not needed at this point in my build) all the way to about 3500 to 4000 rpms then it would almost mirror the stock TC torque curve which is fine for me right now. The same goes for the HP curve the Yank would give me a solid 30-50 horsepower gain, it would start at about 2000 rpm and carry to around 3500 rpm then after, mirror the stocker almost. Which all is fine for right now, its not like Im a dedicated race car driver and I have a tournament this saturday and need all the power I possibly need at this moment. Thanks for postin though and enough with the TCs guys I know I need one but Im not sweating over it.
Old 04-21-2004, 07:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TX_SS
WOW.nice shopping List..how much is it all together???
Dont really wanna discuss prices, some of you may feel like you have been ripped or other reasons. Thanks
Old 04-21-2004, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hope everything works out with that list, bro. Gonna have a very different car when you get it back.
Old 04-22-2004, 05:04 PM
Launching!

Well this kinda sucks no SLP oil pump for me they called Wednesday while they were tearing the engine down and said they thought they had one in stock but they dont, and also no ASP Pulley because of the giant backorder. Another thing that kinda blows is I wont be getting the timing chain either because I decided it was kind of pointless to tear the oil pump off just to get a timing chain on, I figure Ill get the timing chain done when I get an oil pump in the future, no point in paying same install rate just for one part and not both. Luckily I found a local member in my area on here that has an ASP Pulley for sale so Im picking that up tonight. I found the oil pump also but the front of the engine has already been put back together as of last night and its too late. The car is ready to be picked up tomorrow afternoon but I have to go in right when they open in the morning so they can get that pulley on there for the Dyno tune. All in all Im pretty happy right now, and mmmmaaaannnnn does it suck not havin a car for a week!!! I think Ill be pretty damn happy though when I get it back as it will be all well worth it. Dyno numbers soon to come Friday afternoon!
Old 04-22-2004, 05:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by santino04
Well this kinda sucks no SLP oil pump for me they called Wednesday while they were tearing the engine down and said they thought they had one in stock but they dont, and also no ASP Pulley because of the giant backorder. Another thing that kinda blows is I wont be getting the timing chain either because I decided it was kind of pointless to tear the oil pump off just to get a timing chain on, I figure Ill get the timing chain done when I get an oil pump in the future, no point in paying same install rate just for one part and not both. Luckily I found a local member in my area on here that has an ASP Pulley for sale so Im picking that up tonight. I found the oil pump also but the front of the engine has already been put back together as of last night and its too late. The car is ready to be picked up tomorrow afternoon but I have to go in right when they open in the morning so they can get that pulley on there for the Dyno tune. All in all Im pretty happy right now, and mmmmaaaannnnn does it suck not havin a car for a week!!! I think Ill be pretty damn happy though when I get it back as it will be all well worth it. Dyno numbers soon to come Friday afternoon!

Sounds good man let us see the numbers when she is done.
Old 04-22-2004, 07:17 PM
Launching!

Picked up the pulley, all set for the morning, and nice guy to deal with. One thing that scared me though, he told me to watch out for SpeedInc he said he had some very bad experiences where his car had been brought back around 6 times. He mentioned dents on his inner fenders to make headers fit, O2 bungs not wrapped properly, a bad evil trans, and bad tuning that was the techs fault. It all kind of scared me, especially with all the stuff im getting installed and all the money im dumpin out. Can anyone relate to this? Also what are you guys running your rev limiter at?