LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Just put a crack in my fuel rail.......

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 03:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Just put a crack in my fuel rail.......

I went to take an old fitting off of the schrader valve and I bent the part where the valve is connected to the rest of the fuel rail . There is a very small crack and it is spraying fuel everywhere under the hood.

I was thinking about trying to find one in the junk yard but that might be slim pickings there. Any ideas how I could fix this? or am I SOL.
Attached Thumbnails Just put a crack in my fuel rail.......-schrader0001.jpg  
Old 12-27-2012, 03:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Unfortunately time for a new fuel rail. You could try welding it though.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:16 PM
TECH Resident

Hit the junk yards. My brother got lucky when his was leaking. Was at my buddies shop and they had a blown up lt1 stitting there. We pulled that and the banjo bolts. May get lucky. Hunt for b,g bodys. Even l99 caprice will work.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Temp Fix

Blue Z -

I had the exact same issue - I pulled on the vertical portion (it was bent and tried to bend it back) and it broke completely off - D'oh!!!

So, I disassembled the rail, then used a small length of high pressure fuel line and four high clampload hose clamps to seal the hose at both ends once the rubber line 'sealed' the hole. It worked without issue until I was able to find another fuel rail ***'y off ebay.

(FYI - I got my material in the fuel line section at Advance.)

It can be fixed, you just need to get creative while you find a proper replacement part - Good Luck!

Originally Posted by Blu-Zee
I went to take an old fitting off of the schrader valve and I bent the part where the valve is connected to the rest of the fuel rail . There is a very small crack and it is spraying fuel everywhere under the hood.

I was thinking about trying to find one in the junk yard but that might be slim pickings there. Any ideas how I could fix this? or am I SOL.

Last edited by great421; 12-28-2012 at 10:13 AM.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:41 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the help guys. I'm going to make a run to the junkyard tomorrow morning. Hopefully I get lucky. If not I found one on fleabay for around $25-35 used so worse comes worse I can get that. I have about a week until I go back to school to get it done so I might have to get creative.

But on the bright side I was installing some glowshift gauges when this happened and I'm pretty happy with them.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:45 PM
On The Tree

If you have any silver solder for air conditioner line sets you can solder it back on. I've done it before on other fuel rails. You need a torch and a brazing tip.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:26 AM
Teching In

Just made a trip to the yard . Found a fuel rail off of a roadmaster station wagon and picked it for $15.

Quick Reply: Just put a crack in my fuel rail.......