Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI torque arm length

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 05:50 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UMI torque arm length

I know I need one, so I'm planning on getting one very soon since my pinion angle is probably way off right now (new moser 9") and UMI is what I have all under the car now anyway
I understand the bennifits for the most part between the tunnel mount and the full length but have no personal experience. I want to stick with the full length adjustable because price is way better and I'm not sure the mounts for tunnel mount will fit my exhaust (custom TD) but Iv heard the tunnel mount is alot less drive able? Not sure but thought I'd ask.
So question is am I okay still using full length? Right now I'm at full bolt ons with 9" and 3.90s. Future plans are H/C/I street/strip
Old 12-28-2012, 05:55 AM
Launching!

Also another thing I wanted to get UMI's attention to ask, would I be able to get a rear sway bar mounting kit that will fit my stock size sway bar but with a 3" axle tube for the 9"? Desperately need that back on there my locker is shaking that rear around lol
Old 12-28-2012, 07:46 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Buford17
Also another thing I wanted to get UMI's attention to ask, would I be able to get a rear sway bar mounting kit that will fit my stock size sway bar but with a 3" axle tube for the 9"? Desperately need that back on there my locker is shaking that rear around lol
Thanks for thinking of us!

You can use this mount kit with your bar:
http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...roducts_id=323

And this bushing:
http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...roducts_id=469

The full length torque arm fits most exhausts as it doesn't involve the tunnel brace. The tunnel mounted torque arm optimizes 60ft times but you can still make a car launch well with a full length.

Here are some install pics so you can see how the TSP True Duals require a long torque arm. I know you don't have TD's but the photos help in many cases for other exhausts as well.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo..._page=02camaro

thanks

ramey
Old 12-28-2012, 07:53 AM
Launching!

I was looking for that bushing! If I were to order something now, would you have any clue if it would be able to get to Texas by the 9th? If you don't know that's fine I can call or whatever.
So the TD's do require the longer trans mounted torque arm? My exhaust is basically a modified TSP TD system... So I'm guessing I'd have to either way.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:00 AM
FormerVendor

I was looking for that bushing! If I were to order something now, would you have any clue if it would be able to get to Texas by the 9th? If you don't know that's fine I can call or whatever.
So the TD's do require the longer trans mounted torque arm? My exhaust is basically a modified TSP TD system... So I'm guessing I'd have to either way.
Receipt to TX by the 9th would depend on exactly which part(s) you ordered. The best thing to do would be to call or email ramey@umiperformance.com with your part numbers - and powder coat colors.

In most cases, the TD type exhausts can't use the tunnel mount since the crossover tends to be right there.

thx

ramey
Old 12-28-2012, 08:00 AM
Launching!

WAIT that's the relocation kit on the camaro on your website isn't it. Too early. Well damn that's expensive lol would I be able to use a tranny mounted bar and use the same bar with a relocation kit at a later date?
Old 12-28-2012, 08:05 AM
FormerVendor

WAIT that's the relocation kit on the camaro on your website isn't it. Too early. Well damn that's expensive lol would I be able to use a tranny mounted bar and use the same bar with a relocation kit at a later date?
You can use the T/A in the factory location on the trans and then add the relocation kit at a later date. The longer T/A and relocation kit costs more than the short one because there's more material in it and also more fabrication and welding...
Old 12-28-2012, 08:07 AM
Launching!

Yea which is all completely understandable. It just hurts the wallet to see any kind of money leave is all lol I found out after further investigation from your site. Well you've cleared up alot if questions I had, another happy UMI customer
Old 12-29-2012, 10:48 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Here are some cool pictures of our torque arm and a TD system that might help:

https://www.umiperformance.com/catal..._page=02camaro

Quick Reply: UMI torque arm length