What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2001 T/A WS6 Stock 73k miles

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 12:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 T/A WS6 Stock 73k miles

Hi All-

My name is Chris and I'm looking to get a 2nd (toy) car now that I live in CA and weather is not an issue 98% of the time.

I found a 2001 WS6 6 spd with 73k miles that is basically stock with a 5th gear synchro going out in the T56.

The guy originally wanted $7500 but upon realizing the transmission would need rebuilt by someone such as tick, he's dropped it to $6k.

This is a 2 owner car, all original except for standard T/A wheels instead of the WS6 wheels (had vette wheels at one point but switched to these for cheaper tires).

My question is this. I'm planning to check this car out (drive, carfax, etc) and try to buy it for $5-5.5k. I'd have the T56 rebuilt by someone experienced in doing so and either keep the car, or keep it for a while and sell it for 10-12k.

The above plan and #'s seem reasonable?

Thanks

-Chris
Attached Thumbnails 2001 T/A WS6 Stock 73k miles-ws6.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 12-29-2012, 10:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

It's possible if you can get the car in the proper condition to warrant that $10,000+ price range. If you just want to keep it for yourself, that is up to you. The tranny repair is key but you have to start looking at all the other factors that will influence the price as well. Wheels, tires, headlight motors, window motors, any necessary repair or need like tires or brakes. Be careful! This isn't the time of year to be selling either.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply NC01TA. Yeah I've heard the window motors, headlight motors, and 6 speeds transmissions can be problematic, but is there anything else I should look for (other than standard things like rust, frame damage, paint, tires, brakes, etc)?

Anyone else have an opinion here? I'm thinking now is the perfect time to buy, especially since its "winter" here in Costa Mesa, CA

Quick Reply: 2001 T/A WS6 Stock 73k miles