Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nitrous plate

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 09:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitrous plate

soo im gunna have a few days of bsing at work and im going to make a nitrous plate out of a 1/2'' piece of aluminum traced from the tb gasket.. now i cant tell where the holes are inside the plate so my ? is can i just put a straight line on each side kinda like n20--{o}--fuel ofcourse they will be tapped and all but the ones i see online have the ports way at the top and mutiple holes through out
Old 01-02-2013, 10:49 PM
Staging Lane

100 views and no replys?????
Old 01-03-2013, 10:12 AM
FormerVendor

There is some design into the plates to make them atomize correctly. The nitrous and the fuel dont straight down discharge into the intake. The nitrous is made to blast the fuel to break up the fuel. This makes the fuel and nitrous atomize.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:33 PM
Staging Lane

I was going to tap to install a single fan nozzle on each side of the plate
Old 01-04-2013, 02:39 AM
On The Tree

I don't see why it wouldn't work you can always send it to me for testing. LOL
Old 01-04-2013, 06:42 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by fayettevillin
well then, why not?
Old 01-04-2013, 09:15 AM
FormerVendor

In that case you shouldn't have problems. I would just keep it even on jetting. So if you have 100 on one side keep 100 on the other. I wouldnt try to use it as a dual stage. One side of the motor would get more than the other.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Neal@NitrousOutlet
In that case you shouldn't have problems. I would just keep it even on jetting. So if you have 100 on one side keep 100 on the other. I wouldnt try to use it as a dual stage. One side of the motor would get more than the other.

if i have a single fuel on 1 side and a single nos on the other shouldnt i still jet it for a 200 shot if thats what i plan on spraying?
Old 01-05-2013, 09:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

if i have a single fuel on 1 side and a single nos on the other shouldnt i still jet it for a 200 shot if thats what i plan on spraying?
Thats even worse. Just buy a plate and it will stop all this headache.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:01 PM
Staging Lane

I like to build my own stuff and I'll be saving $175 cuz the metal and labor are free
Old 01-05-2013, 07:40 PM
8 Second Club

You run a serious risk of being very rich on one bank and very lean on
the other bank.

But then, if time and material are free, you can machine all the pistons
you'll need to replace.

Go for it!......and let us know how it works.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:56 PM
11 Second Club

What about a spacer with a fogger nozzle underneath? Would that work?
Old 01-05-2013, 10:31 PM
TECH Veteran

I like to build my own stuff and I'll be saving $175 cuz the metal and labor are free
But you have no concept of how a nitrous plate works and how its made
Old 01-06-2013, 12:50 AM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

soo im gunna have a few days of bsing at work and im going to make a nitrous plate out of a 1/2'' piece of aluminum traced from the tb gasket.. now i cant tell where the holes are inside the plate so my ? is can i just put a straight line on each side kinda like n20--{o}--fuel ofcourse they will be tapped and all but the ones i see online have the ports way at the top and mutiple holes through out
100 views and no replys?????

I would normally Just step in and tell you to step away from the vehicle and go back to your Honda Civic

But I would rather see how you blow something up by building a Nitrous plate when you appear to have no clue about how it works, have never bought one to cut apart and dissect, and have never tried to reverse engineer it to be able to design your own version.

the fact that you use "Cuz" (instead of the word Because) and you use "?" (instead of the word Question) shows a lack of respect for the English language, or a lack of education, or both....
and Things like that, are some of the reasons why you will get 100 views and Zero replies

I'm ready to see you turn some pistons into ashtrays.

I know you want to save some Money... But please... leave this kind of thing up to the Pros who do this for a living.

Buying somebody's pre-made ready to bolt on Product will save you a lot more money in the long run, and will yield a lot more consistent and reliable results than what you are doing right now.(not to mention, probably also safer results)
Old 01-06-2013, 04:24 AM
Staging Lane

I'm at work and it's faster to abbreviate words.. People come here to educate themselves on what they don't know.. Not a ******* grammar lesson.. Not everyone wants to buy things from people.. Some of us like to build our own! Like the guy who invinted the nitrous plate I asked simple questions to get simple answers and all I read is stupid *** **** about go back to your Honda civic.. I see why the other sites talk about this one, so I'll ask my questions there goodbye
Old 01-06-2013, 08:11 AM
On The Tree

Hey man PM me Pics when your done I want to see how it came out because its just a simple plate with a nozzle. The key to making them is having the correct machines and not most of us have them.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:43 PM
TECH Veteran

I'm at work and it's faster to abbreviate words.. People come here to educate themselves on what they don't know.. Not a ******* grammar lesson.. Not everyone wants to buy things from people.. Some of us like to build our own! Like the guy who invinted the nitrous plate I asked simple questions to get simple answers and all I read is stupid *** **** about go back to your Honda civic.. I see why the other sites talk about this one, so I'll ask my questions there goodbye
Yes, people do come here to educate themselves but when you throw out ideas like you are doing it shows how uneducated you are on nitrous and the way it works on an engine. You just need to slow down a little bit and just lurk around here and read up. You can pick up alot of info by just reading and not making one single post. Plus it helps when you do post a little correctly in your grammar because we don't know you. When you post, punctuate and spell correctly and people will take you a little more serious. I'm at work most of the time when I post on here but I find time to still make my posts correct.

Now back to the topic at hand the plate you will be able to make will be more like the old TNT design. I doubt you have the tools to make one like Nitrous Outlet or Zex has.

Here is a pic of the LT1 plate that went behind the throttle body

Here is the TNT power ring that went in front of the throttle body for Ls1's

Now you say you are trying to save 175 bucks on a plate, well what plate are you looking at? I know where you can get a plate for 149 bucks which is less then what you are trying to save.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:57 PM
9 Second Club/Nitrous Mod

Interesting thread..

Fayettevillin, PLEASE post up when you finish making the plate, along with a video when testing it out on your ride for the first time. I gotta see this!
Old 01-06-2013, 05:20 PM
Staging Lane

This is what I have to work with.. Don't have time to walk to fleet/fuel to show you the atomizer tester we have.. I work for purolator BTW
Old 01-06-2013, 09:14 PM
TECH Veteran

You have an advantage over most of us with that piece of machinery but it still won't provide you with the r&d that most nitrous companies put into making plates work to the best of their ability. If you have the time to make plates over and over to get the right angle on the flow of nitrous and fuel into the intake tract and get it to atomize correctly then start milling away.

Quick Reply: nitrous plate