Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of doing a turbo'd ls in a 2nd gen

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 07:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of doing a turbo'd ls in a 2nd gen

This is my first post on here, have been searching this forum alot over the past few weeks and seems like there is alot of info to be gathered on here. I am considering buying a 2nd gen camaro. Trying to get some info on turboing an ls motor in one of these cars.

My first question is, can truck manifolds be fliped around and the turbo mounted between the engine and radiator like guys do in 4th gen f-body's? It seems like there might be enough room for the turbo but not sure what manifolds would clear the suspension components when swaped side to side. I have only pics on here to go by and try'd to research the best i could.

I would like to start with a bone stock lq4 with an S480, and go from there. Gudging by what people run on here it seems like an S480 would be a good start even with a stock longblock lq4, am i right?

I dont even have a picked out car yet. second and third gen camaros just appeal to me. It seems like 3rd gens would be a little more of a challange to get the turbo stuff to fit the way i want. This would'nt be my first car project, I have a high 12 sec turbo'd street vw bug and started watching the boosted ls cars at my local drag strip this past season. They really got my attention and this will be my first v8 project. VW's are cool in their own way but after you brake the 12second barrier, street-ability starts to really suffer.

Quick Reply: Thinking of doing a turbo'd ls in a 2nd gen