Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting ready to put car back together , Question before i start it !!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 09:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Getting ready to put car back together , Question before i start it !!!

I am gettin ready to put the car back together this weekend and the car hasnt been started in over 3 months ... Things i have added are new cam , AS stg. 2 heads , new lifters , ls6 intake , double roller timing chain .... the lifters are soaking in oil now waiting for the cam and heads to arrive tomarrow .... My question is what else should i do to prime the engine since it hasnt been ran in so long ?? If there is anything else i should do just let me know

thanks
Old 04-15-2004, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1Fst98ta
I am gettin ready to put the car back together this weekend and the car hasnt been started in over 3 months ... Things i have added are new cam , AS stg. 2 heads , new lifters , ls6 intake , double roller timing chain .... the lifters are soaking in oil now waiting for the cam and heads to arrive tomarrow .... My question is what else should i do to prime the engine since it hasnt been ran in so long ?? If there is anything else i should do just let me know

thanks
just before i put my heads back on,i rubbed the cylinder walls with some oil and put a little white lithium grease on both ends of the pushrods and the valve tips. just before i put the valve covers back on i poured some oil on all of the springs.maybe that's overkill,but it can't hurt.right before you fire the motor up,leave both connectors for the coil packs unplugged and take out the fuel pump fuse and turrn the motor over for a few seconds to prime the oil pump.then put the fuse back,reconnect the coil packs,and fire it up.but watch that oil pressure like a hawk when it fires.make sure it comes up in a few seconds.enjoy your new power!
Old 04-16-2004, 12:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 66deuce
just before i put my heads back on,i rubbed the cylinder walls with some oil and put a little white lithium grease on both ends of the pushrods and the valve tips. just before i put the valve covers back on i poured some oil on all of the springs.maybe that's overkill,but it can't hurt.right before you fire the motor up,leave both connectors for the coil packs unplugged and take out the fuel pump fuse and turrn the motor over for a few seconds to prime the oil pump.then put the fuse back,reconnect the coil packs,and fire it up.but watch that oil pressure like a hawk when it fires.make sure it comes up in a few seconds.enjoy your new power!

DITTO!

i did almost the exact same thing, minus the oil on the cylinder walls (but that dosn't sound like a bad idea).

good luck to you