General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Umi torque arm and driveshaft issue or.. pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 01:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Umi torque arm and driveshaft issue or.. pics

So my car shakes. has been for a while ran through everything I could, shaking was coming from the front. tie-rods were bad, replaced and replaced the rotors too, then aligned. then it got better after each installl until it started slowly getting worst. wheel hub assembly was replaced today. doesn't shake as bad. eased it up majorly but it feels like a drive shaft now. coming from the bottom.

nowstock driveshaft back in the car, car has shattered a tail shaft housing prompting me to go ahead and swap the pan hard bar, LCA's and an adjustable torque arm relocation kit all from UMI. the TA bracket was too low, got the one it said to get for LT's btu it hit everything on the road bent the mounting brackets a bit which will be one of the pics. I got a new bracket and custom exhaust to fit. car makes a thud sound shifting from Park to drive to reverse also.

aside from that the driveshaft is sticking out way too far in my opinion. but everyone says it's fine, pic of that also.

also, crush sleeve, what would you expect if your crush sleeve isn't right? i had everything marked and thought it was good. feels like it is. After we installed the pinion yoke it was fine. nothing it didn't do before.

any help is appreciated. car shake worst in higher speed and when I try to get on it, it shakes more and feels like something wants to give. I know the transmission is also over flowed a lil bit
Attached Thumbnails Umi torque arm and driveshaft issue or.. pics-imag0088.jpg   Umi torque arm and driveshaft issue or.. pics-imag0222.jpg  
Old 01-17-2013, 01:35 PM
10 Second Club

car is lowered and I beleive pinion angle is set at -2. Also have a sound system with subs in the back it that matters at all for pinion angle?
Old 01-20-2013, 03:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the exhaust hitting anything? If the vibration gets worst with speed it seems it could be a wheel out of balance? Or basically tailshaft to the rear axle.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks like the yoke may be too far out to me, look like there is a wear mark on it about an inch back where it use to ride in the seal?
Old 01-21-2013, 07:31 AM
On The Tree

I chased my *** on my car after installing adj tq arm and relocation bracket....turned out my back wheels were bent and the vibration was transferring more into the body since I stiffened everything up. Could b as simple as needing a balance
Old 03-09-2013, 08:09 PM
Teching In

My car has the same issues. I bought some zo6 wheels used not to long ago I come to the conclusion that the rims are bent. I changed everything so far and had the same results lol

Quick Reply: Umi torque arm and driveshaft issue or.. pics