Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tranny rebuild and Clutch selection help thanks!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 07:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny rebuild and Clutch selection help thanks!!

Hello folks i have a 2001 SS Camaro 6speed. I recently put some power adders on the car and the drivetrain is giving. I put on some big rebuilt 241 heads that flow right over 300. Torquer v2 camshaft. Has headers, fipk intake, full 3 inch exhaust no cats. Tuned. About it on major power adders. So now im deciding on 1--which clutch i need for that power, looking at monster stage 2. 2--lightweight or stock flywheel with what i have. Not planning on much more to the engine but maybe injectors, fast intake, throttle body and some 3.90 gears in the rear.

3--where is the cheapest best place to get a t56 rebuilt, where i can send it. Tick does it for 999 shipping paid. Texas drivetrain like 680 but do not ship either way. Is that my options? Probably i would imagine to be safe make sure its rated to at least 450lbtq to the wheels, give me room to play. I do not go to the track or beat on it all the time, just like to mess with people in the street sometimes.

Thanks folks, im ready to purchase next week so info much appreciated
Old 02-05-2013, 11:06 PM
Teching In

Dang about 100 people read my post and not an idea in the bunch. letting me down ls1tech.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:42 AM
Staging Lane

Tick and drivetrain are both good options. Drivetrain website prices are not correct though. I would go for the stage two as well. I love my Drivetrain stage two trans and it was worth the money. Be prepared for other problems to pop up inside the trans when it is pulled apart though.

Quick Reply: Tranny rebuild and Clutch selection help thanks!!