Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feeler: 4L80E swap into NNBS trucks/SUV's

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 10:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feeler: 4L80E swap into NNBS trucks/SUV's

So as the title states, who has done one and what problems did you encounter?

I'm currently changing from the 4L80 segment swap to a 4L70 file and going to utilize a Frost Conversion harness. I've been having a hard time with getting the truck to operate well with Speartech harness, front ISS lead, and 4L80 file from a van. The problems being:

1. Jumpy speedo from ISS crosstalk.
2. False Torque Management Signals which cause an extreme reduction in ignition timing.

I'm going to update this thread with pics and info to clear up some of the muckety muck about an 80E swap.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hmm, maybe not so many people have done this? What about into an 08 TBSS with the separated ECM/TCM?
Old 02-06-2013, 06:43 PM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Gray Ghost Silverado
Hmm, maybe not so many people have done this? What about into an 08 TBSS with the separated ECM/TCM?
I have done a 4L80E in a 2008 TBSS. What do you need to know? I can help you out but you need to call. I believe you called me yesterday.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jake's Performance
I have done a 4L80E in a 2008 TBSS. What do you need to know? I can help you out but you need to call. I believe you called me yesterday.
Yeah Jake that was me. I actually was able to flash the TCM with the 4L70 file with my HPTuners software. I was ridiculously happy. Now I'm just waiting on the conversion harness from Frost, that way I can see if I can get to the transmission codes with the new beta. No front ISS lead is going to be so effing sweet

Anyways thanks for all your help and advice on the phone. Your guys actually taught me something about HPTuners that I didn't know!

Quick Reply: Feeler: 4L80E swap into NNBS trucks/SUV's